I have to find a new state to live in

The Older I get the more I look forward to Dead trees ,Fallen leaves ,Fire Ants are underground , No Skeeters , Ticks are gone , Spider webs are down and the Cottonmouths are hid away for the Winter.
Did I mention 98 Degrees and 70 % Humidity...

Big Foot

GA is not what it use to be by a long shot....but, don’t see a better place

Bunker Down

NOYDB

Lived in Memphis TN. Good access to hunting and fishing. Rest of the state was reported by natives to be good too. But I would be leery of the I-40 corridor, prices went up on it can be crowded. But N TN had good reports.

Thread starter #44

shdw633

Lived in Memphis TN. Good access to hunting and fishing. Rest of the state was reported by natives to be good too. But I would be leery of the I-40 corridor, prices went up on it can be crowded. But N TN had good reports.
When I was in the Air Force in the early 80's I was stations about 70 miles NW of Memphis. I enjoyed the Pub Crawl every year down there. I can't remember the bars but I do remember drinking a drink out of a paint bucket and then I can't remember anything else after that!!!

😂 😂 😂 😂,,,,thanks,,,,no really,I consider myself more southern than northern,,,,spent 8 yrs down there,,.,between,NC and FL,,,,seen cross burnings in NC,fished Pamlico sound,Nuese river,married a NC gal,,,,fished Tampa Bay,,,,watched the shuttle explode from Tampa,,,,fished biscayne bay,,,,drank brewskis in the keys,,,,got locked up in Myrtle Beach,,,,
Now they're stealing our wimmenz!:banginghe:bounce::bounce:

Come on up to the Big Bend , No Beaches , No Yankees.
All the hunting you could want , Flats fishing is real nice and No Yankees...None..
Well, I have a place on the western end of the big bend and we have all of that plus beaches and very few yankees. There are yankees all over the Big Bend, but they know not to run their mouths. Most of the folks in the Carrabelle area are pretty southern redneck.

The Older I get the more I look forward to Dead trees ,Fallen leaves ,Fire Ants are underground , No Skeeters , Ticks are gone , Spider webs are down and the Cottonmouths are hid away for the Winter.
Did I mention 98 Degrees and 70 % Humidity...
I probably would too if I lived down there, but at least you don't have nights below zero, days on end when it never gets above freezing, fish won't bite, your pipes freeze, your car won't start, the roads are slick and hazardous with snow and ice, your hands, feet, and ears freeze, and all that mess.

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
I probably would too if I lived down there, but at least you don't have nights below zero, days on end when it never gets above freezing, fish won't bite, your pipes freeze, your car won't start, the roads are slick and hazardous with snow and ice, your hands, feet, and ears freeze, and all that mess.
I feel your pain,,,,

I am thinking Tennessee. Middle of the country, easy access to hunting in multiple states, no state tax, lower cost of living, just one drawback.....It's cold in the winter!!
Oh come on shdw, show some backbone will ya? A Michigan boy saying Tennessee is cold? Help me Jesus! ::ke::bounce:

Thread starter #53

shdw633

Oh come on shdw, show some backbone will ya? A Michigan boy saying Tennessee is cold? Help me Jesus! ::ke::bounce:
My body has acclimated to living in the south!!! I don't even swim in water colder than 80 degrees!! :bounce: I lived in NE Arkansas while in the Air Force which is about parallel to Tennessee and all it did was get brutally cold with no snow for four or five months out of the year. What good is cold without snow so that at least you could do something in it, like go snowmobiling!! :biggrin2:

My body has acclimated to living in the south!!! I don't even swim in water colder than 80 degrees!! :bounce: I lived in NE Arkansas while in the Air Force which is about parallel to Tennessee and all it did was get brutally cold with no snow for four or five months out of the year. What good is cold without snow so that at least you could do something in it, like go snowmobiling!! :biggrin2:
Are you some kind of retro millennial snowflake or something? You're better than this. Toughen up, go outside and take the cold. It's good for you and it will help you too!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thread starter #60

shdw633

lead in your pencil, a bounce in your step and a smile on your face.:bounce:
Not much lead in the pencil anymore, knees are bad so bounce is gone and since I am officially an old man with no bounce or lead.....no more smiles!!! :bounce: