I hope the 7 yr old boy......

Core Lokt

and his daddy are excited as I am about tomorrow mornings hunt :banana::banana::banana:

Taking them with high hopes we get some action. Really would like to see a bird gobble in the boy's face :hair: A kill would be icing on the cake. going to see if I can roost one this evening.

antnye

Awesome! Good luck to him!
Where y'all hunting?

Last edited:

Will-dawg

Good luck!! I'll be trying my best to call one in for my 8 year old!!

01Foreman400

Staff member
Good luck to ya'll. I'm sure you'll have a story whether he kills one of not.

Huntinfool

I know I'm missing something here....

Youth season is next weekend. Where y'll be huntin' tomorrow?

Huntinfool

Ah! Ok, that makes sense. Good luck to y'all. I tried to tie one up this morning for my 7 year old as well. I'll keep checking on him throughout the week. Hopefully he stays put because he's not roosting in a good spot if he values his life at all!

antnye

Bama youth opens this weekend as well.

Glenn

Florida Youth hunt starts today on the 12th and we are all pumped up! Hopefully the birds will be playing their part and will give us all some action for our kids.

I'll be on a North Central Florida WMA with my boys:cool:

http://vimeo.com/158575273

Core Lokt

Didn't get a bird but had fun.

Short version- Went to a location that i have always either killed, seen or heard birds. Stayed there until 8:30 and never heard or seen a bird. Got a call from another location of the property where 3 birds gobbled off the roost so we headed over there. Nothing... The little fella was ready to go so at 10am we got back to the truck. His dad unloaded his gun when we heard our first gobble. got the direction and off we went. The bird gobbled 3-4 other times sounding 200+ yds away.

We get to a spot where I told myself to setup but instead we went another 60 or so yds. Setup real quick and as I reached in my pocket I heard the sound that no turkey hunter likes...... PUT PUT PUT off to our left and just out of sight. Either the gobbler was facing away from us gobbling or he and his hens were coming in our direction fast.

The boy at least got to hear some gobbling and the sound turkeys make when saying "DANGER" LOL. We'll get out again in the near future.

sman

Didn't get a bird but had fun.

Short version- Went to a location that i have always either killed, seen or heard birds. Stayed there until 8:30 and never heard or seen a bird. Got a call from another location of the property where 3 birds gobbled off the roost so we headed over there. Nothing... The little fella was ready to go so at 10am we got back to the truck. His dad unloaded his gun when we heard our first gobble. got the direction and off we went. The bird gobbled 3-4 other times sounding 200+ yds away.

We get to a spot where I told myself to setup but instead we went another 60 or so yds. Setup real quick and as I reached in my pocket I heard the sound that no turkey hunter likes...... PUT PUT PUT off to our left and just out of sight. Either the gobbler was facing away from us gobbling or he and his hens were coming in our direction fast.

The boy at least got to hear some gobbling and the sound turkeys make when saying "DANGER" LOL. We'll get out again in the near future.

Well darn.