I Know It’s Still Early But...

davidhelmly

It’s still early but there is a chance of rain several days next week and tomorrow is my last chance to overseed a few plots for several weeks... what to do.
One of the plots is a new plot that I threw some sunflower, ic peas, buckwheat, soybeans in a couple of months ago and the other two were clover plots taken over by weeds that I killed with roundup a month or so ago.
I’m planning to overseed with wheat/oats/winter peas/brassica/clover and 13-13-13.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It’s still early but there is a chance of rain several days next week and tomorrow is my last chance to overseed a few plots for several weeks... what to do.
One of the plots is a new plot that I threw some sunflower, ic peas, buckwheat, soybeans in a couple of months ago and the other two were clover plots taken over by weeds that I killed with roundup a month or so ago.
I’m planning to overseed with wheat/oats/winter peas/brassica/clover and 13-13-13.

Do it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
When I heard 60% chance of rain next Wednesday and Thursday I went into a food plot planting frenzy this weekend. We have had a little rain so the soil is moist but I'm counting on rain next week to kick things into gear.

Triple C

Still holding out here in Oglethorpe County. Best of luck on getting it planted this weekend. Looks like decent chance of rain next week. Prolly gonna plant the 2nd weekend of Oct.

davidhelmly

Still holding out here in Oglethorpe County. Best of luck on getting it planted this weekend. Looks like decent chance of rain next week. Prolly gonna plant the 2nd weekend of Oct.
Don’t blame you for waiting, that is prime planting time!!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

I agree it’s a good time weather wise. But aren’t your grandkids going to start gun hunting your place that weekend?

Triple C

I agree it’s a good time weather wise. But aren’t your grandkids going to start gun hunting your place that weekend?
Change of plans in the making...If we get all the rain forecasted this week we'll plant this coming weekend. Woke to rain this morning and decent chance most of the week. Plots have been sprayed for 3 weeks so they're ready to roll for planting.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I replanted this weekend in the dust bowl of Talbot.Suppose to be getting 1/2" of rain this week.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I just finished up and wow it’s dry!! Elfiii, how about you do us a rain dance!!! ???

I heard somewhere that white men can’t dance

White men cain't jump. They dance just fine. I started me up a rain dance around 4:30 pm Saraday and I done rain danced nonstop until I cain't rain dance no more. How 'bout one a y'all tag in and do some rain dancin'? My feet are sore, my knees hurt and I got a bad attitude!

Triple C

White men cain't jump. They dance just fine. I started me up a rain dance around 4:30 pm Saraday and I done rain danced nonstop until I cain't rain dance no more. How 'bout one a y'all tag in and do some rain dancin'? My feet are sore, my knees hurt and I got a bad attitude!
Guess I'm gonna have to tag you out elfiii. Woke to rain in Acworth this morn. Called son in Watkinsville on way to office this morn and told him it would be a good day to plant with 80% rain in Lexington showing in the forecast. He sends me receipt of fert n seed he picked up this morn. Said it poured on way to farm and stopped before he got there. He been planting all day and said nary a drop of rain showed up.

XJfire75

Gonna try to sneak out and overseed some oats and fertilizer into IC peas tomorrow with some decent chances of rain for most of the week and weekend. ????

davidhelmly

The star is my lease and this is as close as rain has been in about 5 weeks, I’m tagging in for the rain dance!!

ADDBDF5D-C953-418B-B12A-ACCE5A8528EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Take what you need, David, but send some a little farther South East! :D

elfiii

Admin
Staff member