I lived my dream

L

loouuii

I had a great time at the BASSMASTERS Clark Hill tourney. :yeah:

1st day partner was Randy Howell. He found lots of smaller fish in the middle of coves during his practice. They were chasing and feeding on shad or blue backs. Then the cold weather set in and when we went out to his spots the fish had lock jaw. We fished deep water coves with jerk baits. He caught a total of 6 for the two days and didn't make the final 12. I caught one fish with him but it was a jack. :flag:

2nd day partner was Garrett Edwards. He found fish every where he went which was all over the lower end of the S.C. side. We fished coves and boat docks with Senkos rigged whacky style. He limited out both days but didn't make the cut. I caught two with him but one was 1/4th inch short.

I still got to walk across the stage at weigh in. I stood in line with Denny Brauer, Mark Davis, Davy Hite, Shaw Grigsby and some of the newer guys.

Both of my partners tried to help me catch fish. They are also great guys who are just as down to earth as we are. They gave me bait or hooks to duplicate what they were catching fish on.

I did try other stuff too but had no takers. :cry:
At least I caught fish before my pros did :D

I did take it all in, especially at the opening banquet. Took a ton of pictures and shook a lot of pro hands. :yeah:

Kdog

Dang Loouuii, I could have done without that ugly mug pro in your avatar. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Glad you had a good time, and sorry the fish backed off and locked up for your trip. Do you know what it took for the amature to win? And what did he/she get?

Kdog

L

loouuii

The winning amateur had over 40 pounds. That is shared weight with the pros he fished with. He was lucky. He won a $37,700.00 new Triton Bass boat with a 250 Merc pusher. 2, 3 & 4 places also won boats but not as nice as that.

I finished 99th and caught two bass that second day. That same day 77 others didn't catch anything including the reining BASSMASTERS Champion :D

Lightninrod

WTG Looouii! I fished a club tourny near there that same Sun. and it was tough where we were too.

Dan

L

loouuii

Kdog said:
Dang Loouuii, I could have done without that ugly mug pro in your avatar. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Glad you had a good time, and sorry the fish backed off and locked up for your trip. Do you know what it took for the amature to win? And what did he/she get?

Kdog

Hope this one is better. :D

Schulze

KDog to win You only have to have a boater that is catching fish.

Kdog

Thanks Loouuii, I know him well.

I have not kept up with the trail at all. Sounds sad that you can go for a boat ride and win, while others are working for their ride?

I am looking at getting back into it. Seems I have impresed a few in my time, and may be getting a ride. If anything turns up, I will let y'all know.

Kdog