I love the ATL

oldguy

I didn't like the place first time I saw it 50 years ago.
The only thing that has changed is now I like it 50X less!

tr21

I really don't see what the problem is :huh: . if you have your lights on I can see you, so whats the big deal here ?

Oldstick

Our family really appreciates the kind thoughts and prayers from everyone. We arrived back home last night safely with some hope in our hearts. It's Hodgkin's lymphoma which all the hoards of doctors she saw expressed optimism about. Evidently it is one of the more successful forms of cancer, especially at her young age.

They deemed her a perfect candidate for a clinical trial where she will get the traditional chemotherapy for HL combined with a newer immunotherapy drug. So she will meet with those doctors next Thursday at the cancer institute near the Emory campus.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I hate hearin about you having to navigate through a million idiots, but what hate worse is why you are having to do it.

Prayers for your daughter foremost, but prayers for your safety also.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Prayers for your daughters health

Dialer

No headlights in dense fog, high beam headlights on with no clue, potholes so deep you have to go into the other lane or off road to keep from having your tires ruined, 25 in a 55, everyday in South Fulton county (SR 166 and GA 92)

Oldstick

I'm bumping this back up because I want to send out a heartfelt thanks to ya'll. Thank you very much for all the thoughts and prayers.

My daughter has been getting chemo treatments at Emory for the last several months and now they are near the point of deeming her in remission. She is still going to have a few more treatments to make sure but she has been released to get those near her home in Dublin.

Rains it pours, during the same time period, my wife was found to have a cancerous lump in her breast. Fortunately it was found when still very small and easily removed surgically with zero spreading to the lymph nodes. She will have some follow up radiation treatments to make sure it is gone. The lesson learned from that story is DO NOT neglect your routine tests and exams, especially when you get a certain age. Man or woman, this was all scary enough to convince me.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I'm bumping this back up because I want to send out a heartfelt thanks to ya'll. Thank you very much for all the thoughts and prayers.

My daughter has been getting chemo treatments at Emory for the last several months and now they are near the point of deeming her in remission. She is still going to have a few more treatments to make sure but she has been released to get those near her home in Dublin.

Rains it pours, during the same time period, my wife was found to have a cancerous lump in her breast. Fortunately it was found when still very small and easily removed surgically with zero spreading to the lymph nodes. She will have some follow up radiation treatments to make sure it is gone. The lesson learned from that story is DO NOT neglect your routine tests and exams, especially when you get a certain age. Man or woman, this was all scary enough to convince me.

Prayers for your family brother. Went thru the breast cancer with my wife.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

Continued prayers for the family.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Oldstick,

My continued Prayers are being sent on behalf of your Daughter, Wife and also for YOU in hopes that things will work out well for all of you. Just know that you have lots of strong shoulders to lean upon right here on this fantastic website that is loaded with great members.

ps: I must admit that I have a really bad case of road-rage and I've had it for over 40 years now as I have traveled a tremendous amount in taking care of business. Atlanta traffic is always terrible and I hate it BUT still frequently have to put up with it.

BriarPatch99

Prayers for your family .....I spent my share of time at Emory ...first with my Mom and cancer and then my wife and back surgeries ....

My daughter lives in Louisville , KY ....seems there is no way to get there other than going through Atlanta ....worst part of the trip ...?

BeerThirty

First of all, sorry about your daughter's health. I pray that improves!

Regarding the driving...That's interesting, because ever since I have moved south, I tend to see most folks slow down to ridiculously slow speeds when it rains. In normal conditions I can do 10-15 over the speed limit and have everyone and their mother riding my tail, but the second, I mean literally even before the first rain drop hits the ground, people slow down to 20mph under and drive like they are magically going to get washed off the road. Rant over.

LTZ25

Worst or most crazy driving I've been a part of was a rainy Friday night around 10 p m on the west side of 285 . Traffic was just light enough to have an 80 mph+ flow with no police presence in that area . I'm like you county boys , I am not going to that place ever again unless I have no choice . On a different subject today I took wife to eye doctor in Fayetteville today and was waiting in parking lot and watched a 35 - 40 year old female African American park in a H/Cap spot and run into building , how can someone be that sorry ? No h/c tag or sticker .

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Prayers for your family sir

NOYDB

BANNED
On a national scale the most aggressive are in Boston. The craziest are in Memphis. Atlanta has a lot of the fastest. I have been doing 90 on 400 north and been passed by cars going so fast they whooshed going past. 80 plus on 285 is not unusual.

Oldstick

Thank ya'll again for all the kind words and support. Am I the only one who stopped answering the phone probably 15 years ago? Got to where it was some kind of bad news or some burden I had to deal with every time. The sound of that ring started making me recoil and run for cover. Unless the ID showed someone I was expecting, leave a message and if the message was not something bad to deal with, maybe I will call back.

Latest posts