I need help

lung deflater

I have searched and read everything I can find on boat lights until its all running together and I still don't understand any of it I'm rigging up a potoon boat I can go with battery's or generator what would be best lights for local GA waters and best way to setup I just need some direction

tradhunter98

Yellow shop lights and whatever kind of genetator you can find or have.

LEDs don't cut mud good and lots of mud in GA.

joey1919

LD there are too many options without knowing a lot more info. I'll pm you me #. Give me a call if you want. I don't know everything but I have set up and fished over lots of different lights in different waters. Maybe you can learn from my trial and error. I'll be glad to post more info but don't feel like typing it all on this phone

jerry russell

There are huge options available to you. I think a great starting points to make the decision on whether or not you can stand to listen to a generator all night. If yes, start your research from there. If not, look into LED. Many of those that have a negative opinion have never actually shot over them. I guide bow fisherman and LOVE them. The silence is heaven and allows you to shoot many lakes where a generator is not allowed. There are some great threads on here covering all you need to know about LED. I am not trying to sway you to LED but I did want you to see that they are a great option.

I personally have my boat rigged with 10-27 watt lights and I get a solid 6 hours ot of a single 29 series 12 volt battery. PM me if I can help you with anything.

joey1919

The silence of LEDs is great. Especially on a troller boat. There are really quiet generators though. But they're expensive. Cheaper generators are loud(er) but depending on your boat layout,there are ways to "quieten them down" with proper placement or sound shielding. We would need to know more about your boat, budget, the waters you fish etc etc. Do you already have a generator? What are your main concerns? If its budget then shop lights are probably for you. You can get a lot of light for 60-80 bucks, want it to be quiet= LEDs. The newer LEDs are great. They have different color temps to choose from to fit your water. I've even heard of some that are color adjustable but I haven't seen or fished over them yet. Want the brightest of the bright then high pressure sodium or metal halide will probably be your choice. I prefer HPS for all but the clearest of clear water. Then MH is just as good if not a little better. We don't have much water that clear around here.