I refuse to Join GONetwork

D

dave

if Woodys goes into the sunset, just to have a board to post to.

I'll save ya'll the pain of mentioning again why I dislike the GON owner's ethics.

If this is it for Woody's ...... it's been fun and informative. Best wishes to all.

Dave ;) :flag:

gtaff

Banned
What is wrong with his ethics I am not familar with all that politic **

gtaff

Banned
I do not like the fact they charge just to use the message board.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Gtaff, the fee if for the network, the board just comes along with it as asmall benefit for its members.

Jim

H

HT2

Dave.....

Come on Dude!!!!!!!!!

Let your feelings "flow"!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Well, if Woody's is over......

I'll be done as far as forum's go.........

I wasn't aware of the issues that Dave is referring to as far as the "GON" Network goes..... ::huh: ::huh:

sgsjr

Banned
I remember the old GON web board. Since this is somehow associated with the GON magazine, I will pass.

H

HT2

Phillip.....

Somehow.....

Someway......

The people that were "hosting" Woody's just left and vanished......

I believe the "brain-trust" is lookin' for another host......

So, it's still in "limbo" right now..... ::ke: :eek:

Kinda makes you wonder how it's running right now..... ::huh: ::huh:

E

edge

issues

Brothas and Sistas...

Someone please come forward and tell us what the issues are...and then let us in on how we can help, or even IF we can help. Hosting sites, engines, etc...what it is. Is it a money issue? Time constraints? All of the above?
We, as informed "members", would like to know if there is anything we can do?

Does anyone agree?

er

Jeff Phillips

This is the way things stack up right now as far as I know:

The host company has locked the doors and turned out the lights. Somehow a couple of the guys got us up and running, probably for a brief time. There have been discussions on several options on what to do with this forum. Right now the decision has been made to save Woody's one way or the other.

I have not been part of the discussions, but the administrators have been working hard to look at all the options and they will let us know more as things develop.

For now, enjoy this site while we can. We may lose it for a brief time, but Woody's will be back :fine:

Al33

Just for the record,

I am a proud member of the GONetwork and have been a subscriber to GON Magazine since day one. There have been a few VERY rare occassions when I was at issue about something with GON, but never anything significant enough to want me to boycott them.

The GONetwork will benefit all outdoorsmen whether one wishes to contribute or not. There are many more positives than negatives. Anyone can find a flaw in anything if they look hard enough, and I guess that's why some would set the dog on fire to kill the fleas. ::huh:

Al :)

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
That's right, Jeff Phillips!

This forum will certainly continue in the future.

We have several options and concerns to work through.

Jim has been checking things out such as the licensing issues, the registration of the address etc.

We have several options and they are all good ones.

A decision will be made next week sometime, probably.

Y'all just relax and enjoy.

H

HT2

Al....

HERE, HERE MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very well said..... :clap:

I only get aggravated when my Magazine ain't on time..... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jeff Phillips

stumpman said:
well will someone enlighten us of the so called problems with GON board thanks guys.

Dave will have to answer that for himself.

Timbo

I can tell you, when I use to visit my dad,he would have a GON magazine available to read.

The Magazine use to be about 3/16 of a inch.And now its almost a 1/2 inch.More articles to read and info about anything from fishing to hunting.

This site to me is only a extension of the magazine to those who are hard core about there sport.

If this site leaves us,the the future of hunting will leave us soon too.

D

dave

Timbo said:
I can tell you, when I use to visit my dad,he would have a GON magazine available to read.

The Magazine use to be about 3/16 of a inch.And now its almost a 1/2 inch.More articles to read and info about anything from fishing to hunting.

This site to me is only a extension of the magazine to those who are hard core about there sport.

If this site leaves us,the the future of hunting will leave us soon too.

:confused: :confused: :confused: