i shot the decoy bear at cohutta

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Man I NEVER would have shared that on here! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Cool story.

Russdaddy

Maybe someone could interview the GW and post his perspective on the story in celebration of the 10 year anniversary

kevin17

That’s a crock of crap. That’s a prime example of what kind of DNR we have on the North Georgia WMA’s. You can go thru cohutta any time when there is not a hunt and never see a GW but when they have a hunt they wanna temp someone that probably have never hunted illegal with a stupid bear. No telling what the fine would have been if someone would have shot it from the road. Great post man and I appalled you for doing the right thing.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Without a doubt, one of if not the funniest story on the board.

Bullochcountyhunter

Many moons ago my father had over 1000 acres he farmed around the house. One afternoon while on a tractor he seen a good buck standing in corner of one of the fields. It was the week before gun season. He went to house got his truck and road back to field and watched thru binoculars. Buck never moved. Dad knew something was up. How's back to house get on tractor and goes straight to the corner of the field. He wasn't gonna run it over, just see how close he could get. Come to find out he got about 50 yards away before me Green jeans came.out.of.the bushes and a green Ford slid to a stop in the edge of the field. They exchanged words, mainly the gw trying to scold my father and him just laughing at them. They were trying to catch a notorious poacher that lived in the area. Dad left them there and they never did show back up.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
What a great story.LOL!!That is funny!Ask them if you can have your pic made with it.

I know a guy that shot a deer decoy at night. He asked the DNR guys if he was gonna get a ticket. They confirmed he was going to get a ticket.
He said if your're going to ticket me I'm taking a picture with the deer. He did.
A hilarious story when Gary tells it.

He also got a felony conviction when he dropped a roll of film off at the drugstore when he shot his first big buck. Turns out he accidently dropped off his 35mm canister of weed. Then he went back and got it and the drugstore called the police.