I vote Season Ends 1/31

Hammockben1

But also when they do the survey they want to put on there what they won't but not ask us hunters what we think since we are the ones seeing the hunting grounds and actually hunting

27metalman

If they change the end date to the 31st, it'd probably change the start date as well wouldn't it?

And... Season can't go into February because of some federal law I think. ??? I wish it was still in February myself. Ahhh... To dream.

Hammockben1

I believe that's what it said when I got the survey myself which wont bother me if it starts a week or two later

Quackmasterofgeorgia

If they change the end date to the 31st, it'd probably change the start date as well wouldn't it?

And... Season can't go into February because of some federal law I think. ??? I wish it was still in February myself. Ahhh... To dream.
If they put it on the 31st, if it’s a week day, most of the people who work 9-5 during weekdays will lose a few days to hunt, and might not get to hunt the opener and closer of the season, so they should keep it as is imo.

across the river

But also when they do the survey they want to put on there what they won't but not ask us hunters what we think since we are the ones seeing the hunting grounds and actually hunting.
. Georgia has no say in the matter of extending the season. Feds set the range and 1/31 is as late as they can go. The are asking if you would like to extend the season as late as possible even if it means changing the traditional dates the state has used. It would make no sense to ask you anything about February, because that question would be irrelevant since they have no say in doing that.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Would be nice if we could, but the North American migratory bird treaty won't allow it

Juan De

Yep all those negotiations with Mexico and Canada prevent any hunting in February so I say run it to Jan 31, most ducks normally get here last week or so of ssason

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Yep all those negotiations with Mexico and Canada prevent any hunting in February so I say run it to Jan 31, most ducks normally get here last week or so of ssason
It wouldn’t help those who can’t hunt during the week.

Would be nice if we could, but the North American migratory bird treaty won't allow it

It ain't like any "treaties" have ever been broken/changed by the US Government before, just ask the American Indians.

If there was something in it for the government, the treaty would be abolished. lol

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Would it hurt em? Seems like it would be extra days for everybody. I might not be doing the calendar math right here.
It’ll be 60 days irregardless of whether it ends on the 31st or not, but they want get to hunt the opener or closer and days in between them and weekends unless they take off work, which a lot of people who duck hunt have families which like to go on vacation, and just can’t take off random days during January and December to hunt ducks.

across the river

It’ll be 60 days irregardless of whether it ends on the 31st or not, but they want get to hunt the opener or closer and days in between them and weekends unless they take off work, which a lot of people who duck hunt have families which like to go on vacation, and just can’t take off random days during January and December to hunt ducks.

That is why the took the survey. They don't set wildlife season and game laws based on your or my individual preference, although many people seem to think they should. Some people would prefer the season to go as late as possible, some would prefer to maximize weekends. Everyone complains the season should go into February, but obviously anyone with a clue knows it can't go past Jan. 31. The DNR is exploring extending it as long as the possibly can, but if hunter opinion is highly skewed against any changes, I'm sure they probably wouldn't pursue. If most support it, then they will likely take it to Jan. 31st at the expense of a weekend possibly. That is how is should be.