I want to know who is allowing this and why. I may write my congress person

For me, the fastest/easiest way to write legislators from local to federal is via
www.VoteSmart.org
For anyone who has not used this site b 4 ... 2 save u time -
1. Find ur legislator(s) via the various ways to search,
e.g., ur zip, his/her name, whatever.
2. Next b sure 2 go to the legislator Bio Folder image on mid-screen left side.
Click on that Bio Folder and then click on any of the mail address links.
3. Done.

I am pretty sure they really don't care what you or I think.
But they do thank you for letting them know and that’s always nice.

I think I have one more vote in me, literally, one.
I will vote for DJT and no one else.
I understand the consequences, the opposition does not.
Same here. He’s going to be a tough act to follow.

I believe the answer you are looking for is: US State Department.

Immigration and Border Security are responsible for verifying the identity and status of people who seek entry into the USA, but Immigration does not issue visas, or other entry "permission." That is a function of the US State Department. So the answer you were seeking is; Secretary of State Condolessa Rice (2005-2009), Secretary Hillary Clinton (2009-2013), Secretary John Kerry (2013-2017), and Rex Tillerson (2017-3018). Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (2018-current) implemented a review of family immigration policies and has temporarily halted some family visa approvals (including all minor children) until the review is complete.

ryanh487

It's not Anerica's job to determine whether or not marriages from other countries are legitimate or not. In places like Brazil, a 16 year old girl married to a 30-40 year old man is not unusual. On my mission trip to Barcelos, I was 23 and the 12 and 13 year old girls were bringing their parents to meet me and trying to convince me to stay and marry them. Love letters, random gifts, etc. Girls of the same age would hang out the windows of school buses in manaus and wave and flirt when they saw me in thr next car over at red lights as well. It was very awkward for me, but our translator said that's just normal there.

Patriot44

I think I have one more vote in me, literally, one.
I will vote for DJT and no one else.
I understand the consequences, the opposition does not.
I have already blown my wad on voting. I cant be bothered any longer. Let her burn to the ground.

Spotlite

Exactly why are you against it?
From the article - Some victims of forced marriage say the lure of a U.S. passport combined with lax U.S. marriage laws are partly fueling the petitions.
"My passport ruined my life," said Naila Amin, a dual citizen from Pakistan who grew up in New York City.

She was forcibly married at 13 in Pakistan and applied for papers for her 26-year-old husband to come to the country.
"People die to come to America," she said. "I was a passport to him. They all wanted him here, and that was the way to do it."