I wish you the best!

Joe Brandon

I remember the first bear I killed after 5 years of hunting and studying. It was literally one of the best days of my life. The following week I got married so it was absolutely the best week in my life.
I wish you all the best hunting season you’ve ever had. I hope you meet some goals and it all comes together for you at least once this year. I hope you make some good friends that you can make some life long memories with. God bless you all and enjoy OUR season, for it is what we wait all year for.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
It sure is an emotional pursuit.
A few years back I put 2 arrows in one in the tree while basically scouting with my bow for the Blue Ridge primitive weapons hunt
Long story short I lost him.
I felt like my high school girlfriend cheated on me.
The next weekend I drilled one that ran within 10' of me running from the sound of the arrow that zipped thru him. I hauled him off the mountain by myself.
Elation...
Garage taxidermist lost my skin but gave me a good skull.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me...
Gave it about a 10 year break because of my newly acquired lease down South, but have been back at it 2 or 3 years. It seems like I am trying harder and getting more involved each year now.
I want a rug on my wall before my knees give out hiking these hills.
And more elation!

Good luck everybody!

Last edited:

KentuckyHeadhunter

It sure is an emotional pursuit.
A few years back I put 2 arrows in one in the tree while basically scouting with my bow for the Blue Ridge primitive weapons hunt
Long story short I lost him.
I felt like my high school girlfriend cheated on me.
The next weekend I drilled one that ran within 10' of me running from the sound of the arrow that zipped thru him. I hauled him off the mountain by myself.
Elation...
Garage taxidermist lost my skin but gave me a good skull.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me...
Gave it about a 10 year break because of my newly acquired lease down South, but have been back at it 2 or 3 years. It seems like I am trying harder and getting more involved each year now.
I want a rug on my wall before my knees give out hiking these hills.
And more elation!

Good luck everybody!

You at Turner's? Getting a decent signal?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Oh yeah. I got great service here. A few of my hunting ares don't have anything, a few of them have intermittent or I have to walk to a certain area, And a couple are pretty good.

PM coming shortly...

ddd-shooter

I remember the first bear I killed after 5 years of hunting and studying. It was literally one of the best days of my life. The following week I got married so it was absolutely the best week in my life.
I wish you all the best hunting season you’ve ever had. I hope you meet some goals and it all comes together for you at least once this year. I hope you make some good friends that you can make some life long memories with. God bless you all and enjoy OUR season, for it is what we wait all year for.
Same to you.
God bless you and all on the forum for this season and forward

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Any luck?

GAbullHunter

So I know two were taken Saturday, any on Sunday? Anyone on here take them?

We scouted and hunted over the weekend rain and shine. First scouted areas no sign then we moved to another area. Found signs and hunted awhile until the clock said time to go. However was told of a sow and cub sighted just prior to our entrance on the mountain.