I'd like to understand...without getting ridiculed.

ThomasCobb123

At the risk of reading more than I care to, what creature or creatures do you have in mind, if any?
I posted back there about my idea to eliminate bears with the justification from what I've learned from the fellas here who've told me about how destructive they are to crops and property. Resulting in great economic losses.
Based on that, it seems like to me that bears are a great big "pain in the you-know-what".
What do you think?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I posted back there about my idea to eliminate bears with the justification from what I've learned from the fellas here who've told me about how destructive they are to crops and property. Resulting in great economic losses.
Based on that, it seems like to me that bears are a great big "pain in the you-know-what".
What do you think?

As I`ve already mentioned, I don`t believe any living thing in Nature deserves nor should be driven to extinction. Everything was put in its natural place for a reason.

Not even those cottonmouths that you don`t seem real partial to.

ThomasCobb123

As I`ve already mentioned, I don`t believe any living thing in Nature deserves nor should be driven to extinction. Everything was put in its natural place for a reason.
Not even those cottonmouths that you don`t seem real partial to.
Well, each of us has an opinion on that and thankfully we can live together orderly and in a civilized manner regardless of those differences.
That's probably why our constitutional republic has lasted as long as it has.
Stay happy.(y)
Regards,
"Clueless" Cobb

Possum

Banned
Thomas Cobb is a snake killing manic. He knows a thing or two about taking a mans life too. He’s a natural born killer if he can just find some rat shot.
He was born to kill, just not those cute lumbering bears.
But then at the same time he thinks they should be wiped off the planet. Your an interesting old man ThomasCobb, that’s for sure.

ThomasCobb123

Thomas Cobb is a snake killing manic. He knows a thing or two about taking a mans life too. He’s a natural born killer if he can just find some rat shot.
He was born to kill, just not those cute lumbering bears.
But then at the same time he thinks they should be wiped off the planet. Your an interesting old man ThomasCobb, that’s for sure.
Old man? Response: Definitely.....but like a Timex watch, you know "takes a licking but keeps on ticking"
Interesting?? Response: I got an ex-wife and a few old girlfriends out there who will lay you 100 to one that I am as dull as an old piece of molded bread crust.
(tell you what, if you call their bet, I'm going to take half their action :))
;)(y)
Stay happy.
Regards,
"Clueless" Cobb

ThomasCobb123

Mr Cobb from Huntsville is a little too young to be a Korean War vet since you are 54 years young. You sir are a liar and of very little character. Lying about service is called “stolen valor” not a crime but shows your character.
Where can I find this no good dishonest bum "Cobb from Huntsville, Alabama"....?
He sounds like the same guy I loaned a hundred to at the pool room in Bainbridge, Georgia about 15 years ago.
I could use the dough.
:)(y)

Bowhunter77

Now Tom, we have really gotten down to it haven’t we, this is like therapy , we got to peel back the layers to find the real source of the pain.
You and your life partner are having problems in your relationship. You have stated you want to kill him for his infidelity. We are not talking about bears here at all, we are talking about you holding on to your big cuddly teddy bear man and these questions you ask us are just conversations starters for you and him to repair that sacred bond you two share.
I’m glad you sought us out, some of these guys may be rough outdoorsman type who like to kill thier dinner be it any edible animal but they know about sweet lovin and committed relationships too.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I am a gun carrying person, I know the laws concerning use of deadly force against a person here in Georgia and I will blast a thug committing a forcible felony in a heartbeat. More of them should be shot dead instead of molly-coddled in "the system", in my opinion.
Now having said all that, you will know I'm not one of those gun control nuts or PETA members.
Here we go.
What is the fun in shooting down a bear if it isn't violent or killing people?
I didn't even know the animals were edible.
Not looking for trouble or arguments. I'm a very old man who has never had someone explain bear hunting urges to me.
At outdoor shows, when I've mentioned this, the men in the display booths get mad and want to beat me up.
I'm all ears. Thank you.
What did people do before grocery stores and readily available cattle / chicken farms?
It's just a carry over of the old days and old ways and a lot of folks like to know where their meat is coming from and how it's been handled. There is a distinct difference in taste between a naturally fed animal and one pumped full of steroids and other chemicals.

ThomasCobb123

What did people do before grocery stores and readily available cattle / chicken farms?
It's just a carry over of the old days and old ways and a lot of folks like to know where their meat is coming from and how it's been handled. There is a distinct difference in taste between a naturally fed animal and one pumped full of steroids and other chemicals.
I guess we just have different ideas about it all.
No problem, man, nothing will change during the years I have left anyway.
I just thought I had some interesting ideas and I wanted to post my views on them, nothing more.
Had no idea I would create such a disturbance with my opinions here on an internet website. Like I said earlier somewhere, I've had guys at outdoor shows actually come after me with their fists and forced me into defending myself and doing necessary things I don't like to do. But most were drinking and behaving irrationally and uncivilized....very emotional people when faced with conflicting views.
It never got this heated about opinions, (and I have been civil too) even over in the politics forum when that guy Jet Jockey was hanging around with his stuff.
You take care, don't forget to pray...and shake someone's hand every day.
Life goes on. Stay happy and enjoy.(y)
Regards,
"Clueless" Cobb

ThomasCobb123

Now Tom, we have really gotten down to it haven’t we, this is like therapy , we got to peel back the layers to find the real source of the pain.
You and your life partner are having problems in your relationship. You have stated you want to kill him for his infidelity. We are not talking about bears here at all, we are talking about you holding on to your big cuddly teddy bear man and these questions you ask us are just conversations starters for you and him to repair that sacred bond you two share.
I’m glad you sought us out, some of these guys may be rough outdoorsman type who like to kill thier dinner be it any edible animal but they know about sweet lovin and committed relationships too.
That is so silly.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I guess we just have different ideas about it all.
No problem, man, nothing will change during the years I have left anyway.
I just thought I had some interesting ideas and I wanted to post my views on them, nothing more.
Had no idea I would create such a disturbance with my opinions here on an internet website. Like I said earlier somewhere, I've had guys at outdoor shows actually come after me with their fists and forced me into defending myself and doing necessary things I don't like to do. But most were drinking and behaving irrationally and uncivilized....very emotional people when faced with conflicting views.
It never got this heated about opinions, (and I have been civil too) even over in the politics forum when that guy Jet Jockey was hanging around with his stuff.
You take care, don't forget to pray...and shake someone's hand every day.
Life goes on. Stay happy and enjoy.(y)
Regards,
"Clueless" Cobb
I didn't read all of the opinions I just responded to your original post.
I was trying to be as honest as I could and not be offensive. I hope none was taken.

ThomasCobb123

I didn't read all of the opinions I just responded to your original post.
I was trying to be as honest as I could and not be offensive. I hope none was taken.
No offense taken whatsoever.
It's all good....just keep on punchin' at the liberal/progressive foolishness that shows up in the politics section. You're pretty good at keeping them on the dodge..(y)
Regards,
"Clueless" Cobb