Identified the chicken killer

ekr

Chicken killer on the loose. Can I legally kill him/her? Has killed over a dozen chickens in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 648D37C9-F785-48E2-9858-A126F9071A4A.jpeg
    648D37C9-F785-48E2-9858-A126F9071A4A.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 237

Big7

The Oracle
No. There is a season on them. Go to DNR website for dates you can shoot or trap them.

Lilly001

Call DNR to see if they have a permit or exception.
In Fl. They used to have permits for exactly that situation.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
If I were in your situation, well this fox would probably look like this yote and I really wouldn't care just who didn't like it either !!!!

Like Quack said just above.....Shoot, Shovel and Shaddup for sure !!!!!

COYOTE        10-25-2018 002.JPG

Last edited:

Ihunt

Just kill it and be quiet about it. DNR probably doesn’t really care. They understand BUT they have a job they are required to do.

Dbender

I'd beef up my coop. It's easier to make the coop stronger than to try and kill everything that likes to snack on chickens.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Lay a 2 foot wide strip of 1/4 inch hardware cloth on the ground at the bottom of the fence and throw a little layer of dirt over it. This will keep foxes from digging in. I had to do this on our chicken pen and coop.

Mark K

Banned
Why would you even post or ask, lol??? Can’t figure out for the life of me if someone knows it’s against the law they ask if they can do it on an open forum for the world to see.
Sometimes you just have to take care of business and not share it with the world.

rosewood

We practice don't ask, don't tell when it comes to defending the homestead.

Hunting on the other hand, we follow the regs.

rosewood

Lay a 2 foot wide strip of 1/4 inch hardware cloth on the ground at the bottom of the fence and throw a little layer of dirt over it. This will keep foxes from digging in. I had to do this on our chicken pen and coop.
You are taking the fun out of it....