If a poisonous snake...

WSB

bites itself or another poisonous snake, does it kill it? I have been told by some yes and by others no. It seems to me they would be immune to their own poison. Anybody know?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I don't know the answer but it must not affect the non poisonous much.

If it did how could a Black or King snake put a whooping on a poisonous????

King snakes are immune. Learned that on the Discovery Channel:clap: :clap: :clap:

I've always heard the poisonous snakes are immune to poison, but I've never conducted an experiment to prove it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I know venemous snakes are susceptible to hot lead poisoning, from me.

Jasper

I know venemous snakes are susceptible to hot lead poisoning, from me.

How do you do it elf, shoot em right in the neck? :D :yeah:

And not that it matters much, but elf is right. Snakes are venemous, not poisonous.............:bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
How do you do it elf, shoot em right in the neck? :D :yeah:

And not that it matters much, but elf is right. Snakes are venemous, not poisonous.............:bounce:

They all get a dose of .45ACP ! Repeat treatments until the twitching stops.

dawglover73

Must of been a stupid question.:(

Either that, or a really good one.

I have never thought of this before. It seems that they would be immune to it. On the other hand, doesn't their venom sit inside some kind of sack until it is time to be injected into its prey? Therefore, the rest of the body has not had much exposure to the venom, and the immunity would not be in play.

Either way, it would be a pretty dumb snake.

Just BB

I bit myself once whilst trying to leap over my truck bed when Jasper's Daddy put a snake under my orange vest in the bed.....Didn't kill myself but thought I had.

Confederate_Jay

I read one time of a King Cobra in a zoo or reptile park that died from biting itself.

I guess he couldn't stand the confinement and committed zooicide.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
That just ain't right...I guess the Snake Whisperer didn't get there in time.

panman

One time i ran over a BIG moccicn.backed up and ran him over again.Got my Ruger 22 smi.pistol and put a shot in him[didnt hit the spine.He turned and bit himself where i hit him.I was watching from only 5-6 ft away and watched in amaisement as he was pumping venom into his own body.After i minute maby shorter he suddenly realised i was watching him.You never saw such hatered in a snakes eyes.He had a head as big as my fist and it was headed my way,about 2 ft.or so above the ground.I looked in the rear view and a car was coming so i left as i was pulling away i looked in the rear view and seen it get in the side road brush.Im telling ya i never saw more hatered than i saw then.pan.

60Grit

Ya'll are crackin me up. These are some of the best post I've seen in a while....

:cheers: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

shaggybill

One time i ran over a BIG moccicn.backed up and ran him over again.Got my Ruger 22 smi.pistol and put a shot in him[didnt hit the spine.He turned and bit himself where i hit him.I was watching from only 5-6 ft away and watched in amaisement as he was pumping venom into his own body.After i minute maby shorter he suddenly realised i was watching him.You never saw such hatered in a snakes eyes.He had a head as big as my fist and it was headed my way,about 2 ft.or so above the ground.I looked in the rear view and a car was coming so i left as i was pulling away i looked in the rear view and seen it get in the side road brush.Im telling ya i never saw more hatered than i saw then.pan.

Haha. Funny post.

Just BB

If a poisonous snake does bite itself, if it's anything like biting me, then immunity wouldn't be the biggest concern. I hope it gives itself a heart attack!

champ

I eat rattlers. I've been told by old timers that they bite thereselves too. But they always taste the same. Poor man's gator tail is what I call it. Cleanest white meat you ever seen. Sure goes good with radish and cat soup.

jason8047

True Story

Once while out bowhunting I was standing by a down log and just happened to look down and about a foot from me was a huge copperhead. I stepped back and made a snake-ka-bob and to my surprise it turned out to be two copperheads. If they hadnt uh been doin what they wuz uh doin Ida been bit.

jason8047

Oh yeah to answer your question. Every time I saw a snake that bit itself it died within a matter of moments. One copperhead about 2 n a half feet and one rattlesnake 52". I cant swear that it was the venom that killed em though and they didnt bite theirself until Id whacked um with a big stick.

jinx0760

Gone But Not Forgotten
If a poisonous snake bites itself....

Who really cares, as long as it dies.:fine:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Heck I never figured out how many licks it took to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.