"If it's legal support it."?

Do you support EVERY currently legal method of taking game?

• Yes and will work to keep them as is.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Yes and some others that are current illegal and will work to make them legal.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Yes but I'm not going to work to protect any of them.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No and I will work to change some of them.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • No but I'm not going to work to change any of them.

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • I don't care one way or the other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GeauxLSU

That phrase gets thrown around here a lot.
Just curious if you subscribe.
For the record, there are plenty of things (methods) I do NOT support regarding the taking of game animals. However, I would never vote against them just because they aren't 'my bag'. There are however, some things that are currently legal that I would in fact NOT support and work to stop since I find them detrimental to the future of our sport.
We've beat the specifics to death so don't want to get into a debate regarding practices but I am curious if you are an "all or nothing" person.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

fredw

Retired Moderator
Feral hogs can be legally taken with small game weapons....# 2 shot, .22, etc. Bad news when you're working in a sporting goods store and some guy shows up wanting to buy #2 steel shot in a 20 gauge load to go pig hunting.....or a box of 22 long rifles (any good for lung shots?).

How about using a .25 caliber handgun on deer?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Nope, too many things that could be done better. I have in the past and will continue in the future to support legislation that would change many of the laws on the books. Some are stupid (in my opinion) laws and others are detrimental (agian in my opinion) to the future of hunting.

Same of course goes for other laws in everyday life.

Jim

duke13

In my opinion.........

LEGAL DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!

That said, I ain't gonna publicly drag any hunting issues to the general public. We need to keep an undivided front. :flag:

Randy

SOme times I think that they change these laws in order to give us enough rope to hang ourselves with. I mean what are they thinking on legal firearms for big game? Do they really think we know better than to shoot at deer with a 223?

FootLongDawg

Amen Duke 13. The PETA and animal rights zealots are just the same as the gun control nuts. They would love to find an issue to inact their "divide & conquer" strategy. I'm like you...there may be some currently legal hunting techniques out there that might not be my cup of tea, but no "anti" is going to hear it from me.

Skipper

Banned
I didn't vote because I really couldn't find an option that suited me.

That said, I do support legal hunting and fishing methods, but I also think that we can work amoung ourselves for the betterment of the population. Take bass fishing for example. In Tennessee, it is perfectly legal to keep 5 black bass, take them home, clean them and cook them. In the last 5 years, I've caught a lot of bass, but I've not eaten more than 2 and of those 2 I actually got them from somebody else. I don't keep bass, and I don't know many people who do. Catch and Release has become the accepted attitude amoung anglers irregardless of the law that says you can kill 5 if you want to. At the same time, I'm not going to beat on somebody like my dad who has kept and eaten his fish all his life and isn't likely to change his behavior short of a change in the law. I figure there are enough of us doing C&R that the few left eating them have very little effect.

The same goes for hunting deer with dogs. IMO, that sport will eventually fade into oblivion. Not many people do it anymore, partly because of the law but in some states mainly because land owners or hunting clubs are not allowing it on their property.

I don't like the idea of publicly arguing things like this where the tree huggers get wind of it, but amoung ourselves, it serves to create norms of right and wrong.

Skipper

dbodkin

Feral Hogs are vermin.. not a game animal... I would work/vote for a change in the baiting law. Or build a catch trap 1 acreX1acre in size. :speechles :whip: But then I would be high fence hunting.. wouldnt I :speechles