If not for bad luck,

Dudley Do-Wrong

I would have no luck at all.

This year, I opted to hunt in Alabama only for deer this year, the gun season just started this past weekend. My brother has exclusive access to 250 acres in the black belt region of Alabama, deer galore and it's just me and him hunting this tract. I put all my resources into helping my brother with food plots, we planted turnips, 2 types of clover, lab-lab, oats, iron and clay peas, and winter peas.

Well, in the wee hours today (11-24), a tornado came through and demolished the place. I just got back from looking at it (night time), tried to get to my favorite tree climber and couldn't even get to the path. I've got a tripod on some powerlines and as far as I know it's probably somewhere halfway across the state. Looks like Thanksgiving is going to be a work day.

Toliver

Hate to hear it. I guess if there's any good news, it's that you weren't in that tripod when it took flight!

Hope it's not as bad as it first seemed.

beginnersluck

Sorry to hear that. Give thanks that nobody was hurt. That's the reason I didn't head out to my stand today. You just never know. Good luck getting everything back to working order.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
David, hopefully it isn't all that bad. We had one apparently touch down near our property today. From what I understand there's trees fallen across some of the county roads that go through our property and that some tin roofs from barns and chicken houses nearby were blown off and laying in fields. Hopefully my two tripods survived. I guess I'll find out Friday.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Well, we worked all day and I lost only one stand, a ladderstand that was attached to a pine tree that didn't survive. Now all I have is twisted metal. We at least got the only road cleared, had to remove about 20 or so downed trees. But, tomorrow we hunt!!!