If you are ever in portland, maine

Bream Pole

Prime rib, lobster stew, and balsamic dressing salad at DiMILLO'S, an upscale restaurant that is a converted ferry boat permanently docked at the bay on the water front.

Attachments

• IMG_2627 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2627 (Small).JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2628 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2628 (Small).JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_2623 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2623 (Small).JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_2625 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2625 (Small).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 388

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

naildrvr

If it tasted as good as it looks, I know you left happy, happy, happy. Excellent!!!

ryork

Man that looks good! Duck Fat in Portland is incredible too. We ate there a couple years ago on our way up to Bar Harbor.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Man, even the salad looks good

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Oh man, oh man, oh man! That looks some kinda good.

Bream Pole

Ha We didn't go in DiMILLO'S for the atmosphere; we went for the prime rib and the lobster stew. Never had any any better, both 10+ on the scale in my opinion.

WE love Portland and go there once and sometimes twice a year for a couple of days. I am told Portland has more places to eat per capita than any city in America so can certainly pick what you like. We are fond of DiMILLO'S and also a hole in the wall named Gilberts Chowder House. Tried lots of places, but we like those for the food we like- again not looking for atmosphere; although we like the atmosphere at DiMILLO'S--its very, very nice in our opinion, but then what do I know, I'm just an old small town red neck country guy.

MudDucker

Staff member
Man that looks good! My favorite place is actually a little dive north of Portland that serves great lobster rolls. My mother-in-law, a Maineac, had been going there for over 60 years and we always had to stop on the way up from Boston.

Bream Pole

My wife and I rented a car one year and drove up to LLBean and also went to a number of lobster roll "dives" that had been recommended by my youngest son's best friend from college who grew up in Portland. A place call "Reds" was the only one we never got to.

What was the name of the dive you went to and where was it? Our favorite place for lobster was on the water front in Portland. The name was Three Sons. The dock they were on was condemned, and I don't know what happened to them. They shipped live lobster and would steam you one from their pens and with it provided steamed clams. You ate at a picnic table on the dock outside their establishment.

We were given the name of Eventide Oyster Company as a restaurant that has award winning lobster roll in the area of the Water Front, but we didn't go.