If you could only have three.....

In the nostalgia thread, several people commented on their grandaddy's gun rack? Most only had the bear essentials. If you could only fill a three gun rack, what would you choose? High powered rifle, shotgun, and a .22. Anyone brand loyal enough to fill the rack with three from the same maker?

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If I had to prune my gun collection down to three, it would be:

My .54 flintlock-you can load it light or heavy, and you can make your own powder, bullets, and flints if necessary.

My old 60's model Winchester 250 .22 lever action. You can kill about anything with it if need be.

My Mossberg 500. A shotgun is the most versatile gun out there. You can load it with anything from birdshot to buckshot to rifled slugs. The Mossy isn't fancy, but it is 100% reliable and almost indestructible.

I would hate to give up my Glock, though.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Browning Model 1885 High Wall in 270.

Winchester Model 12 12 gauge shotgun.

Chiappa Half Pint Sharp`s 22 Magnum.

I already have the first two.

If I had to prune my gun collection down to three, it would be:

My .54 flintlock-you can load it light or heavy, and you can make your own powder, bullets, and flints if necessary.

My old 60's model Winchester 250 .22 lever action. You can kill about anything with it if need be.

My Mossberg 500. A shotgun is the most versatile gun out there. You can load it with anything from birdshot to buckshot to rifled slugs. The Mossy isn't fancy, but it is 100% reliable and almost indestructible.

I would hate to give up my Glock, though.
Like the flintlock idea. If I were to have to start over with those three guns, I'd give CZ a long look. A Bobwhite shotgun and 2 of the CZ American bolt action rifles would be a good start.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Winchester Mod 12
Winchester Mod 70
Winchester Mod 61

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Ruger m77
Winchester 120
SEARS 22 BOLT ACTION

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Remington built John Browning's hump back design for years over some import issues...……...maybe tariffs I wasn't born then...………...