If you were 18 again ?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
When I was 18 in 1980 I was making $10.50 an hour at Food Giant and I had a '69 Firebird convertible, a '70 Formula Firebird and a '78 Z/28. Lived in an apartment off of Memorial Drive in Stone Mountain.
Sold weed, chased women and rocked out at Flynns II, The Rusty Nail, Copperfield's, Uncle Tom's and every now and then Harlow's.
I spend 95% of my money on booze and broads and wasted the rest.

Good times. I wish I could do it again.
I was crusing there to. I had a tan dodge van that would jump coke cans then a light blue dodge ramcharger.

smokey30725

I'd definitely spend more time with my grandfather. Alzheimer's took him from me a few years ago and I'd give anything to sit on the front porch with him one more time and listen to his stories about growing up as one of 13 kids on a sugar cane and tobacco farm in Puerto Rico. I'd try to figure out better what to do with my life so I didn't end up stuck in a dead-end, middle management job like I am today!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I had a job offer on the pipeline back in 74 and like a dummy didn’t go. Was just 17 but work was for an uncle

Havana Dude

At 18, I was having a blast. Next 5 years were some of the best. Not downing marriage at all, but then I met the future Mrs. Had to settle on down. Had a chance this past week to relive some of my younger days running deer dogs with an old friend from back then. We had a great time, but it was much much more tame than it was 30+ years ago. Only way I would go back is if I could know what I know now. Oh boy.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
17? Graduated highschool and started work at Disney World on the 20,000 leagues attraction. 13,000 college age coworkers (per Disney), half female. Party somewhere every night after work. I didn't come home for a week going to parties. Mom almost called the patrol that I was missing.

It was the classic "If I knew then what I know now" situation.
What is a half female?

Big7

The Oracle
@ 19 (close enough)

Wanted to join Air Force. That's what my Dad did.

Went to see recruiter. Done all the tests.
They said they would take me except I couldn't fly because 1 shade color blind.
Bummer.

He sent me over to the Navy recruiter offered me a sweet deal. Catch was a 6 year hitch on a Carrier or Sub. Subs are not for me. Carrier, no problem. Had a young wife and she didn't like it. My Dad advised against it.

Would be Military retired now. Full benifits..

Divorced the wife. My Dad has passed on. Don't have either now.

Not taking that Navy deal was probably in my top 3 worse mistakes in my entire life. Still think about that to this day. Bummer!

toyota4x4h

Well I wouldn't have bought the 71 split bumper Camaro. I wouldn't have used a few choice drugs. I would have saved extra money from then till now and 16 years later would have had a nice cushion to sit on for awhile. Oh well we live and learn ha!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was 18 in 1964, and dumb as a rock. Things do change though. I am 55 years older now.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Da possum gonna get some birthday licks and I don’t believe it’ll be icing

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I wish I had gone out a little further on a couple of those limbs....