If you're not already a TBG member.....

Todd Cook

Why not? I'm not trying to stir anything up. Several of the officers and myself had a meeting recently and a big topic was what we could do better to make people want to be a part of our club. Traditional bow hunters are a small group to start with, but we're stronger as a group. So why are you not a member?

Triple C

Todd - How about an online registration and payment system? If that's already available I apologize. I'd join to day if you can shoot me a link to register n pay. I joined years ago but never heard anything from anyone after joining and don't recall receiving a renewal notice. Not to say I didn't but just don't recall ever receiving anything.

Todd Cook

Todd - How about an online registration and payment system? If that's already available I apologize. I'd join to day if you can shoot me a link to register n pay. I joined years ago but never heard anything from anyone after joining and don't recall receiving a renewal notice. Not to say I didn't but just don't recall ever receiving anything.

We have a paypal payment available if it would be easier. We're working on a new website platform to house our membership applications and other documents. Trying to get more techno if that's the right word :). PM me your email and I'll send you some stuff!

Todd Cook

Also, check out our new facebook group page- Under groups look for "The Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia" the cover photo is a campfire.

Allen Oliver

One thing that has been pointed out to me by several people is that you have to hunt only with Trad equipment. They said that was what turned them off from joining. I have no problem if a full member wants to harvest a animal with a rifle or crossbow or a Compound. We need to support all methods of hunting. Just my opinion.

frankwright

It may have changed as I have not seen a membership application in a while but the last one said " I agree to use traditional equipment when bowhunting".
There is nothing that says you have to do all your hunting with traditional equipment but of course many do.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I think Frank is correct.

I have been a regular member twice, first time was the late 80's early 90's, then again around 2000.

TBG is a good group of guy's and do good things for GA. Traditional archers.
The last time I inquired about joining again I was told I would have to be an associate member so I decided not to rejoin.

Dennis

I'm pretty sure it says if you archery hunt it has to be with trad equipment only if your a regular member. You can still gun hunt if you want. A associate membership you can do what you want but you cannot vote in the club

Todd Cook

It may have changed as I have not seen a membership application in a while but the last one said " I agree to use traditional equipment when bowhunting".
There is nothing that says you have to do all your hunting with traditional equipment but of course many do.
That's correct Frank. Regular members agree to bowhunt with trad gear only. Associate members don't have to make that pledge. I occasionally gun hunt myself.

Todd Cook

does that mean you get to pay but you have no say?
I suppose that's one way of looking at it. But you also get our newsletter, discounted rates at our shoots, meals and camping provided at our hunts. And being a part of something that's trying to preserve our heritage and do good in the state.

Todd Cook

I think Frank is correct.

I have been a regular member twice, first time was the late 80's early 90's, then again around 2000.

TBG is a good group of guy's and do good things for GA. Traditional archers.
The last time I inquired about joining again I was told I would have to be an associate member so I decided not to rejoin.
John let me check into this. If you were a regular member in the past you should not have to be an associate again.

LONGTOM

Todd, I know TBG is a great organization and does much good . I have many friends who are members and I have been in the past. I support your mission. My question is why all members are not equal? If they were I believe your ranks would triple.

John Cooper

John let me check into this. If you were a regular member in the past you should not have to be an associate again.
Thanks Todd.

I was a member when the news letter was run on a memograph (sp) machine...... lol

frankwright

Like this, John?
Todd, Same for my hunting pardner Bob Westerfield. I met him at a TBG shoot at the Harris farm in 1996! He has been a member for many years and often helps tony with the youth events. Like many his membership didn't get renewed properly and when it did recently,he is listed as an Associate member and should be regular!

Attachments

• 1-old tbg.jpg
    1-old tbg.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 10

John Cooper

That's it Frank!!!!!!

I remember it smelling like the copies the teachers handed out in grade school!!