ILF info please

devolve

Looking at buying a new bow strictly for hunting. Wanting something I can go back and forth on light limbs and heavier limbs. I have a shoulder injury that comes and goes. I have been eyeing the Hoyt dorado maybe. I want something I don’t mind throwing around and getting scratched up.

Thanks

hambone76

The Dorado is a great bow, but it isn’t an ILF bow. I’m not sure about the Hoyt Buffalo, but I know that the Satori is ILF.
My Dorado is 55# @ 28” and I don’t have lighter limbs for it, but you are welcome to try it out if you are able to do so.

Last edited:

devolve

Thanks for the info guys. I’ll do a bit more lookin tonight.

Todd, I believe I have some of those on the counter in my kitchen. :)

hambone76

Dennis, if you do an ILF conversion on a Dorado, do you have any way to adjust tiller, like on the Satori?

devolve

I have looked through all the Lancaster risers..........sooooo many don’t know where to go.

RMSG has:
1- used buffalo #50 for $550
2- used satori 19” riser only for $35”

Wbarfiel

I have a TradTech Titan from Lancaster archery that is a sweet riser. Currently I’m running the New DAS bamboo core Longbow limbs from 3rivers archery but also use TradTech carbon wood recurve limbs when I’m feeling froggy, the simplicity of swapping limbs are easy and hassle free.

brownitisdown

Buy a trade tech and you happy with what you are looking for I am a Hoyt shooter and I tell you Hoyt isn't what you are looking for trad tech is what you looking for

Dennis

Trad Tech is a ILF connection the Hoyt has a proprietary connection for Hoyt limbs only. Both are good but you have a bigger choice of limbs with ILF fittings. Then there is a Dalaa riser that takes there proprietary fittings but those are easy to change to ILF or back.

Dennis

First you need to figure out which riser you like then buy limbs to fit and you will be happy with any of them

devolve

Thinking about a satori riser. I like the radius shelf over the flat shelf on the Trad tech.

Thoughts on this?