Illinois shotgun Hunt 2018. 1st time in the Midwest!!!!

RMelton

We are on our way to Illinois for the shotgun/muzzle loader season!! Me and one buddy hunting 140 private family farm in central Illinois. I’m beyond excited!! Season starts on Thursday. Any body know what stage the rut they are in up here?? We will be checking stands and cameras tomorrow then in a tree on Thursday!! Good luck guys.

FOLES55

Jealous!!!!

RMelton

Saw no less than 100 deer rolling through Kentucky and Southern Illinois before it got dark. Getting excited!!!

RMelton

Macoupin County. About 45 minutes from the hotel now. Haven’t been in the stand at all this year so I’m really looking forward to this week!!

tbrown913

Awesome! Gotta share shotgun and ammo information! I loved hunting with my 12ga slug gun when Remington buck hammer slugs were around. I killed several with it, but really havent found a good replacement slug so it sits in the closet.

catch22

They should be on the tail end/post rut mode. Hunt food sources in the evenings if possible. Dont bust into the woods like your in Ga. I had to learn that. Sit back and survey....they will show up on the food

RMelton

Well we went to check cams and stands today. Saw plenty of sign. Snow on the ground made it easy. Have to decide between two spots. One had active scapes the other has several huge rubs. I’ll have to figure out how to post the pics.

Jim Boyd

Good luck!

Prepare to be spoiled, particularly if you have a dependable food source....

Worley

Get ready pal, at any second ur heart can jump out of your Chest when u see that sweet beast walking toward ya!