Im tired of the wind

Arrow3

Thread starter #1
The wind has blown just about every time Ive hunted this year...It cost me a big fat doe last weekend...I hope it will quit soon...I don't remember it blowing like this is years past during bowseason...

Brandon, just got back from Wilkes Co. I only saw two does at a dead run at the back creek around 8:07. Some one has been in there with a 4-wheeler. Persimmons still on the tree.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
It was nice this morning! But I don't recall a bow season where the wind has been from the north so much as it has this year - I like that though - We've got a lot of good stands for a northern wind :)

I agree HT, It was beautiful morning. I had a big ol' Doe bed down in front of me at 40 yards for about an hour this morning. :)

Al33

I know watcha mean Brandon,

sometimes tryin' to hunt or fish in the wind really blows my skirt up! :D

We still have plenty of time. Heck, the huntin' don't get good until October no way. :)

Al

H

HT2

Brandon....

I hear ya bud.....

It's not only the fact that it is blowing.....

But, it's "swirling"......You can't get a determination on "ONE SET DIRECTION" in which it's coming....

That's a tough thang to deal with.... :( :(

Murdock

I thought it was just me

I have not been able to determine which stand location to use. The winds are swirling and this has cost me on at least three occassions. I have been winded and sat there thinking how in the world did that deer smell me. All I could figure was the winds were swirling somehow. I thought I was the only one getting this.
Murdock

gordylew

The wind has blown my cover almost every time I,ve been in the woods this year. So much for these crappy Scent lok products . "Forget the wind, just hunt" my tail. Where do these guys hunt? because the deer there must all have colds or sinus infections.

(Edited for typing around the censor)

C

CARVER

Wind

At Lease Your Seeing Deer, I Havn't Seen A Thing :(
Just About Ready To Hang It Up For The Year.