I'm worn out! Update.

reflexman

Snake Dodger
plenty of cover for deer there now good luck go real light on fertilizer. We use to burn some acreage when the rain didn't come back on the farm.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
plenty of cover for deer there now good luck go real light on fertilizer. We use to burn some acreage when the rain didn't come back on the farm.
Uh oh. I hope I didn't spread too much.

7 point

Finished up, went to mother in law's, showered & then ate dinner - lima's, ham, rice, mac & cheese & cracklin cornbread.
Sound like a good time all around. And good viddles .

Lukikus2

Looks good. Dog fennel attracks southern deer for some reason. Just have a back door entrance to your stand so you don't have to walk through your plot to get there.

4HAND

Staff member
Looks good. Dog fennel attracks southern deer for some reason. Just have a back door entrance to your stand so you don't have to walk through your plot to get there.
Oh definitely.

Duff

Great looking spot bud!!!

Jim Boyd

Good, hard work, sir - enjoy the hunts!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Uh oh. I hope I didn't spread too much.

Don't worry. if it ever rains again the fertilizer will leach through that pretty sugar sand in a jiffy.:bounce:

4HAND

Staff member
Pretty sure our plots got some much needed rain this afternoon! :rockon::rockon:

4HAND

Staff member
Rode up this evening to see how much rain my lease got & to check cameras although they've only been out since Sat.
Got 1/2" of rain. Deer really haven't started hitting the corn heavy yet, but I did have these 2 little fellers on camera.
Screenshot_20191008-221512_Gallery.jpg

4HAND

Staff member
I went yesterday & checked my cameras & plots. It's been 9 days since we planted. As far as I know, the only rain until this evening was 1/2", 2 days after planting.
Nothing has come up.
According to radar, it looks like there was decent rain there this evening.

Question -
Should my plots have already come up?
Should I be concerned?

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
It all takes moisture to get going. If you got 1-2" of rain the other day, I'd give it another week to 10 days, before I'd worry.

4HAND

Staff member
It all takes moisture to get going. If you got 1-2" of rain the other day, I'd give it another week to 10 days, before I'd worry.
We got .5" (1/2 inch) the other day. Pretty sure we got good soaking rain yesterday evening & last night though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I bet it will come up after the rain, hopefully. Good looking place there.

4HAND

Staff member
I sure hope so. Lord knows "farming" ain't in my blood. ?

4HAND

Staff member
Check my plots yesterday & they're starting to come up. Rain gauge showed just over 3" from Nestor.
Screenshot_20191021-093954_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191021-093921_Gallery.jpg