Impossible Whopper?? Have they gone mad??

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
“I want a burger I just don’t want it to be meat.”

GoldDot40

01-010406-burger_king_is_testing_a_vegetarian_burger_called_the_impossible_whopper.jpg

jellydonut-1.jpg

Lukikus2

Well whatever it is I hope it ain't full of them hard things that break your teeth at mickey D's

Is that soybean?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
So are they installing a separate grill to cook them on? Or are they just letting teh beef juice get all over them on the main grill?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My wife's brother's girlfriend is vegan. Don't slow us down a bit. We cook like normal. She's really cool about. Doesn't expect anyone to change their habits to accommodate her. It's a good thing. Lol.

We only see them once or twice a year. They live in California.

She must be the only one like that, from what I've seen. :) I'll make you a special vegetable meal at my house if you'll make me a special meat meal when I come over to your house. Seems like it never works on the flipside though, does it? Most of the time they want you to bend over backwards to accomodate their diet, but they would die before they cooked you a beef patty while they're grilling veggie burgers.

bassboy1

So are they installing a separate grill to cook them on? Or are they just letting teh beef juice get all over them on the main grill?
I heard on the radio yesterday that they're cooking them in the same broiler as the beef. They'll get flak for that, I'm sure.

Thing is, BK has had a meatless burger for years, just not the Whopper.

Oldstick

Well, I'm not a vegan, but looks like it might taste pretty good, so I plan to try one sooner or later. I happen to like imitation bacon bits on a tossed salad.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I dont understand being a Vegetarian. I dont even know what Vegan means.

ryanh487

My buddy just shared in our group chat this morning that he tried one and liked it. We told him that the only valid reason to ever eat one is if he's trying to hook up with a HOT vegetarian. He insinuated he was. We determined that that is most definitely a lie, and declared his mancard revoked.

BeerThirty

I work in the meat biz, so I pay close attention to this stuff as it has been a long time coming. Apparently this as close to the real thing as you can get. The science that went into developing every aspect from the color, the smell, to the texture, to the taste, everything....is absolutely perfection. I work with folks who tried it and said it's hard to tell the difference, especially if its covered up with cheese and various other toppings.

To be honestly, I'll probably give er a try just once, but I personally don't see the appeal. It will never be meat and it shouldn't be advertised as meat. The health benefits are simply not that advantageous, if any. I believe the sodium levels are insanely high. And this stuff also cost more per pound that good old fashioned beef.