Indian Springs State park cabins...

specialk

We stayed there over the Thanksgiving holiday. They have totally re done them. Very very nice.

Oldstick

Thanks, good tip. One of our favorite parks but haven't been in a while. That one and FDR were the first two state parks I recall camping at as a kid over 50 years ago. And many times since then.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Must be redoing lots of the SP cabins as they have working on the ones at Hard Labor SP for months now.

Oldstick

Turns out we spent most of the past week (April 1 -5) in the campground. Tying back to the pollen thread, I have been sick since arriving home Friday (the 5th). Every thing we had outside was covered with dust and yellow pollen the whole week.

It just so happened that the two roads leading to the cabin areas were locked with a gate during our mid week stay. 2+2 leads me to think that may have been for security purposes with no one having reservations there during our stay. The campground was fairly full but the gates locked at 10 but they gave everyone a code to get in after that.

specialk

you get a code when you check in to a cottage..punch it into the keypad at the gate.....then an electric eye lets you out..the cabins have a coded lock as well, no key......they were doing some maintenance to the lake back then I think.....

Oldstick

Also couldn't figure why there were big 1/2 inch cross bolt latches on the OUTSIDE of the doors to the restrooms at the campground. I took my phone every time in case some kids got to playing around.