Interesting Projected Bowl Results

GobblingDawg

OSU over UGA?!?!?!?!?!?
:rofl::whip::rofl::whip:

It will be interesting to see how close they come to the actual results at the end of the season!!
Go Dawgs and thank God for turkey season,
GobblingDawg

Bowl Results and Final Standings
Scores and standings for every team
By Paul Bessire, WhatIfSports.com
August 26th, 2008

After previewing a 2008 week in college football each day for the last 15 days, we present final standings and bowl results. We did our best to slot teams based on their final regular season expected records and standings. With 68 teams no making a bowl and so many bowl ties to conferences like the SEC and ACC, we broadened bowl eligibility to include any team that finished .500 or above in expected or absolute record.

Rosters and depth charts are up-to-date and as accurate as possible as of August 1, 2008. A schedule of upcoming college football preview content including links to other previews that have already been posted is located here.

Also, see below for details on how you can run your own college football program for FREE.

For more information on how we generate the results and the definitions of Absolute and Expected Records, click here.
To hide the details, click here.

Each FBS bowl game is simulated 1,000 times, with the sum of the winning percentages of those games being our Expected and Absolute Records as of the conclusion of that week. The Absolute Record is simply the total number of games in which a team is favored. The Expected Record, the more accurate approach, is the sum of the team's win probabilities from each game. The Expected Record accounts for the fact that some wins are less certain than others (a 50.1% win is different than a 99% win). Since the favored team does not win every game (otherwise, why would we watch?), the likelihood of an upset is important to take into account. We may ultimately say that six teams are favored to win all of their games, but we only expect one team to do so (stick around to August 26th to find out who).

Also, especially since we are rounding, it is possible for a team to win a game more often, yet score the same or fewer points than the opponent on average. In those cases, for Absolute Records, we always take higher winning percentage and are not predicting a tie or a win by an underdog. This is another reason why the expected records are more accurate, as the teams are so evenly matched, the game could easily go either way.

The inputs to the simulations are based on a rigorous analysis of each team that first considers strength-of-schedule-adjusted team and player ratings from 2007 and then makes modifications for 2008 based on returning starters (who, where and how many), expected progression of returning players in new roles, depth at each position and incoming recruits and transfers.

Today we preview bowl season. Please note the final season standings below. The ranking next to each team is its pre-season Power Ranking. Check back here tomorrow and throughout the season for our updated power rankings and actual weekly predictions.

BCS Championship Game: #1 OSU (13-0) 23 vs #2 Georgia 17 (12-2)
The Buckeyes erase the SEC demons of the past two years as well as any doubt as to who should be the 2008 national champion as Ohio State remains the country's lone undefeated team after defeating Georgia 61% of the time in the BCS Championship Game and by an average score of 23-17. Other BCS game winners include Clemson by a single point over West Virginia in the Orange Bowl, Oklahoma by more than two touchdowns over Wake Forest in the Fiesta Bowl, USC over another Big Ten #2 in the Rose Bowl and LSU by eight points over Missouri.

2008 Bowl Results

Poinsettia Bowl
#54 New Mexico 41 - #74 Temple 37 (New Mexico wins 61%)

New Orleans Bowl
#57 FAU 26 - #86 Rice 23 (FAU wins 67%)

Papajohns.com Bowl
#36 Louisville 38 - #56 Air Force 28 (Louisville wins 62%)

New Mexico Bowl
#34 TCU 25 - #51 Nevada 22 (TCU wins 60%)

Las Vegas Bowl
#20 BYU 30 - #29 Oregon 25 (BYU wins 59%)

Hawaii Bowl
#33 UCLA 31 - #45 Boise State 25 (UCLA wins 80%)

Motor City Bowl
#62 Ball State 34 - #66 Iowa 27 (Ball State wins 87%)

Holiday Bowl
#16 Texas Tech 30 - #22 Arizona State 22 (Texas Tech wins 68%)

Texas Bowl
#25 Cincinnati 35 - #65 Nebraska 25 (Cincinnati wins 68%)

Champs Sports Bowl
#39 Penn State 23 - #37 Florida State 19 (Penn State wins 52%)

Emerald Bowl
#52 Arizona 26 - #87 Louisiana-Monroe 19 (Arizona wins 77%)

Meineke Car Care Bowl
#31 Pitt 38 - #72 Miami (FL) 29 (Pitt wins 66%)

Liberty Bowl
#44 Houston 30 - #53 Kentucky 28 (Houston wins 55%)

Alamo Bowl
#15 Kansas 26 - #35 Indiana 13 (Kansas wins 81%)

Independence Bowl
#50 Kansas State 36 - #58 Mississippi State 33 (Kansas State wins 55%)

Armed Forces Bowl
#26 Utah 30 - #41 East Carolina 18 (Utah wins 85%)

Sun Bowl
#42 Cal 38 - #47 Notre Dame 36 (Cal wins 64%)

Humanitarian Bowl
#21 Fresno State 35 - #79 Western Michigan 25 (Fresno State wins 95%)

Music City Bowl
#23 Tennessee 34 - #30 Maryland 29 (Tennessee wins 58%)

Chick-fil-a Bowl
#17 Virginia Tech 19 - #43 South Carolina 14 (Virginia Tech wins 83%)

Insight Bowl
#28 Oklahoma State 31 - #24 Michigan 25 (Oklahoma State wins 56%)

Outback Bowl
#12 Illinois 25 - #18 Auburn 24 (Illinois wins 59%)

Cotton Bowl
#11 Texas 32 - #13 Alabama 27 (Texas wins 53%)

Gator Bowl
#19 South Florida 17 - #38 North Carolina 10 (South Florida wins 69%)

Capitol One Bowl
#8 Florida 27 - #27 Purdue 13 (Florida wins 82%)

International Bowl
#55 Central Michigan 34 - #80 Southern Miss 24 (Central Michigan wins 66%)

GMAC Bowl
#48 UCF 32 - #73 Miami (OH) 25 (UCF wins 64%)

St. Petersburg Bowl
#46 UConn 32 - #61 Tulsa 30 (Central Michigan wins 56%)

Congressional Bowl
#70 Navy 37 - #76 Duke 23 (Navy wins 75%)

Rose Bowl
#5 USC 28 - #10 Wisconsin 24 (USC wins 60%)

Sugar Bowl
#4 LSU 28 - #9 Missouri 20 (LSU wins 68%)

Fiesta Bowl
#3 Oklahoma 25 - #14 Wake Forest 10 (Oklahoma wins 91%)

Orange Bowl
#7 Clemson 19 - #6 West Virginia 18 (Clemson wins 52%)

BCS Championship
#1 Ohio State 23 - #2 Georgia 17 (Ohio State wins 61%)

bullgator

Something's wrong when Cent. Mich. wins the St. Petersburg Bowl......and they ain't even playing in it!!!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Am I crazy or has going to a bowl ceased to mean anything for along time due to the ridiculous amount of them? Besides the BCS bowls it's a complete joke.

Doc_Holliday23

projected bowl games before anyone even plays a game...

sports news is following in the footsteps of mainstream news by "making news" instead of just reporting it.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
I pray thats wrong, cause OSU will kill UGAly and end the reign for the SEC. I look for another rematch of OSU and UF and the SEC dominance continues !

Madsnooker

I pray thats wrong, cause OSU will kill UGAly and end the reign for the SEC. I look for another rematch of OSU and UF and the SEC dominance continues !

I sure like the way you started your reply. Now, the way it ended, that's where you start to lose me.:bounce:

kevina

Banned
I see where they have BAMA ranked above Auburn:bounce: I wonder if they think this is the year the streak ends? Hope so.

LanierSpots

I see where they have BAMA ranked above Auburn:bounce: I wonder if they think this is the year the streak ends? Hope so.

LOL Dream on

Looks like the guys who made this pole is not a SEC fan. LOL. Ga losing to OHS, Auburn losing to Indiana, Bama losing to Texas, MSU losing to K State??

Looks like a bad bowl season for us :cry::cry:

irishleprechaun

this is nonsense...example #17 VT vs. #43 SC in the chick-fil-et bowl.

First they would never put a #17 against a #43

Second, SC won't be 43...they'll be top 8 and in a BCS game!

bullgator

Am I crazy or has going to a bowl ceased to mean anything for along time due to the ridiculous amount of them? Besides the BCS bowls it's a complete joke.

SGD that's kinda funny right there. Y'all finally get to a BCS game and now all the others are a joke:bounce:.
All those bowls are the liberals idea to spread the wealth to all those host cities....:rofl:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
SGD that's kinda funny right there. Y'all finally get to a BCS game and now all the others are a joke:bounce:.
All those bowls are the liberals idea to spread the wealth to all those host cities....:rofl:

bg you're my buddy but what you talking about Willis? Finally made it to a BCS bowl?:huh: Didn't catch the Sugar in '02 or '05 I guess.:huh:

bullgator

I know dats right....:bounce: