Introducing............

BarnesAddict

"DUNAMIS"...… inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature.

My new custom .45cal muzzleloading rifle was built by Bestill Creations LLC on a Remington 700 S/A single shot.

McMillan Game Warden stock, McWoody finish
Bedded action
Bedded mount w/#8
.250 recoil lug
AGS Gen2 breech plug w/modules
Rock Creek 1:19 twist, large varmint contour, proprietary to Bestill Creations
LR Customs … T-Rex CSTM muzzle brake
Jewell trigger
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 MOAR

20190620-183236.jpg

20190620-183313.jpg

IMG-1693.jpg

First 5 rounds fired at 107yds using Fury Star Tip2 land riding bullets

first-5-rounds-at-107yds.jpg

After doing some ballistics work, a couple rounds at 500yds.
Range started filling so I quit shooting.

IMG-1706.jpg

BarnesAddict

I'll stick with my Hawken, Renegade and Seneca....Nice rifle but it completely defeats the purpose of muzzleloading....to challenge one's self.
And that's perfectly fine. Been there myself. Been shooting the muzz since "73".
However, shooting less than a 2" group IS a challenge of one's self ;)

jbogg

I am brand new to muzzleloading but I just took my inexpensive entry level CVA Wolf to the range last week. At 100 yds my first three shots were all touching in and area the size of a quarter. I have never even been able to shoot groups like that with my centerfire. Was using 100 grns White Hot Pellets and 250 grn Barnes T- EZ. I became a Barnes believer when I Shot hard quartering away on an almost 300 lb sow at 70 yds. After passing completely through 2’ of pig it still went through the off side front leg bone upon exit. Great ammo!

Bowyer29

I am brand new to muzzleloading but I just took my inexpensive entry level CVA Wolf to the range last week. At 100 yds my first three shots were all touching in and area the size of a quarter. I have never even been able to shoot groups like that with my centerfire. Was using 100 grns White Hot Pellets and 250 grn Barnes T- EZ. I became a Barnes believer when I Shot hard quartering away on an almost 300 lb sow at 70 yds. After passing completely through 2’ of pig it still went through the off side front leg bone upon exit. Great ammo!
I don't know what it is about the Wolf, must be the barrel, but the dang things shoot very well with a variety of powder and bullets. Terrific little gun I only have $240 in for the gun and scope.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like somebody re-invented the bolt action centerfire rifle in a way to make it legal in muzzleloader season? :huh:

BarnesAddict

Looks like somebody re-invented the bolt action centerfire rifle in a way to make it legal in muzzleloader season? :huh:
Its loaded exactly like any other muzzleloader. Uses a breech plug and an ignition source just like any other muzzleloader. It just looks different.

Hillbilly stalker

I've got a cheap CVA .45 caliber that bolts like that also. I'm waiting
on a young man to gift it too. It's a pain to clean. Yours is a nice one. Not trying to hijack the thread, it's just that bolt action ML's have been around for awhile, mines 15 plus years old.image.jpg

Last edited:

BarnesAddict

Do a search and find out how long ago inline ignition systems were invented ;)