Is it possible to purchase traps already de-oiled and dyed ready to set?

j_seph

Does anyone offer this?

Ol' Gobblero

No ** K9 Xtreme and Xtreme Jrs are dipped in a heat treated paint. No treating required.

There is no need to dye untreated traps initially. Just degrease the traps and set them. After they develop a light rust, then you can dye.

Last edited:

Mark K

Banned
The way it reads they come ready to be set out of the box. Didn’t realize they came oiled after being heat treated. Was thinking of getting those, but decided to go back with the 550’s.

Ol' Gobblero

The K9 xtremes are not oiled. They are coated in a heat treated paint. They require no treating out of the box. I have been running a few dozen for a year and have only had to pressure wash them after a few weeks being set.

The part of my post about just degreasing and setting traps applies to all other, untreated traps.

mossyoakpro

The way it reads they come ready to be set out of the box. Didn’t realize they came oiled after being heat treated. Was thinking of getting those, but decided to go back with the 550’s.

They are ready other than a dab of bow string wax on the trigger...

mossyoakpro

Does anyone offer this?

You could possibly find some used on one of the trapping pages like trapperman or trapper trader. I have bought some in the past that were already degreased dyed and waxed but as was stated above it's very easy to degrease....just put in the dishwasher and run it on the highest setting, best to do that when your wife is away. LOL