Is it too late to spray?

stringmusic

I bought some Arrest Max selective herbicide to kill the grass in one of our main plots that has a really good stand of clover. Is it too late to spray?

stringmusic

Its going to take 2 applications most likely since the grass is bigger but it won't hurt the clover, you can save money next time by just buying generic clethodim, its the same thing.
I knew it wasn’t supposed to hurt the clover I just didn’t know if it was supposed to be applied at certain times of the year.

I don’t know much about herbicides, :bounce: as you can probably tell.

Thanks for the tip on saving the money, I’ll definitely buy generic next time.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You'll be fine. Just be advised it takes Clethodim a couple of weeks to get the job done but you'll be pleased with the results plus it's a lot cheaper than Poast (sethoxydim).

doomtrpr_z71

I knew it wasn’t supposed to hurt the clover I just didn’t know if it was supposed to be applied at certain times of the year.

I don’t know much about herbicides, :bounce: as you can probably tell.

Thanks for the tip on saving the money, I’ll definitely buy generic next time.
Make sure you put out a surfactant with it, it will not do well without it. If you use a nonionic surfactant there will be less crop injury.

stringmusic

Make sure you put out a surfactant with it, it will not do well without it. If you use a nonionic surfactant there will be less crop injury.
Just mix it together in the same sprayer?

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Yup, all in the same tank. Sometimes crop oil concentrate is suggested as well. As long as your grass is actively growing, you'll see a good kill in about 3 weeks. Your grass will be dead before then, but it just won't know it. LOL.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I mix the chemical/water first and use the bypass on the pump rig to thoroughly mix @ about 75% of amount of water/chemical needed.Then add the crop oil and mix again.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Make sure you don't spray if there is wind blowing. I killed some trees doing that.

FloridaFF

Heading up to spray the overrun clover fields this weekend with Clethodim. Should I bush hog the fields first then spray or spray and give the chemical a couple weeks. Thanks...

doomtrpr_z71

Heading up to spray the overrun clover fields this weekend with Clethodim. Should I bush hog the fields first then spray or spray and give the chemical a couple weeks. Thanks...
If the grass is tall then it will take multiple applications, if you dont want to spray multiple times you can mow it and then spray it when it comes back out but dont wait long.