Is there a discussion about the blood moons?

mtnwoman

Or is anyone interested in discussing the topic...I can't find what I'm looking for on the net.

rjcruiser

???

what about? Scripture reference? Sorry, not sure what you're looking for.

barryl

All I could find on the subject after John Hagee put out the book on the Blood Moons is the reference in Joel Ch. 2 or Acts 2:14-21(2nd Advent) in particular verse 20.

hobbs27

I found this on it..

mtnwoman

Someone ask me about it and I couldn't find anything about it either, just thought I was missing out on something. Thanks guys.

1gr8bldr

Bethlehem star .net speaks about it. Now with computers, we can look foward to what will happen with the stars as well as look backwards. We can see what the sky looked like from a particular location from whatever date you pick. Amazing how they back it up and show what was going on at the birth of Jesus, Easter, etc. One of the most interesting views ever for me

mtnwoman

Bethlehem star .net speaks about it. Now with computers, we can look foward to what will happen with the stars as well as look backwards. We can see what the sky looked like from a particular location from whatever date you pick. Amazing how they back it up and show what was going on at the birth of Jesus, Easter, etc. One of the most interesting views ever for me

Hey thanks!! I'll check it out. I love stuff like that, too!

Artfuldodger

Revelation 6:12-14
When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

Matthew 24:29
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Will the moon become like blood or become blood? Is all of this literal or figurative? If the stars fall from heaven, will they fall to the earth or all of the planets?
Could there be something happening on the earth that would give the appearance of these happenings?

hobbs27

Revelation 6:12-14
When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

Matthew 24:29
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Will the moon become like blood or become blood? Is all of this literal or figurative? If the stars fall from heaven, will they fall to the earth or all of the planets?
Could there be something happening on the earth that would give the appearance of these happenings?

This psalm is Davids way of describing how God delivered him from Saul....Do you think it is literal or figuritive?

4 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.

5 The sorrows of CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.

6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.

8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.

10 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.

11 He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.

12 At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.

13 The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.

14 Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.

15 Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.

16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.

17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.

History of Edom:
The history books tell us that Edom did OK for perhaps a hundred years after their final warning from God’s prophets. Then, during the fifth century (400-499) B.C. the “Edomites” were overwhelmed by other Arab groups. In turn, these groups were taken over by the Nabataeans, who started living in the area sometime around 312 B.C. By the way, the Nabataeans, not the Edomites, are the people who cut the temples in the sandstone walls of Petra. Under the Nabataeans, the city of Petra flourished until 106 A.D., when the Romans conquered Petra. From that time it slid into disuse, to the point that Edom was almost uninhabited from the 7th to the 12th century A.D. It revived slightly in the 12th century when the crusaders built a castle there called Sel. Afterward, it remained so forgotten that it had to be rediscovered in 1812 by Swiss traveler Johann. L. Burckhardt.

the prophecy of its destruction sounds like all the world was going to be destroyed:

Isaiah 34 Notice the exaggerated language in the first 10 verses...Literal?

Draw near, O nations, to hear; and listen, O peoples!
Let the earth and all it contains hear, and the world and all that springs from it.
2 For the Lord’s indignation is against all the nations,
And His wrath against all their armies;
He has utterly destroyed them,
He has given them over to slaughter.
3 So their slain will be thrown out,
And their corpses will give off their stench,
And the mountains will be drenched with their blood.
4 And all the host of heaven will wear away,
And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll;
All their hosts will also wither away
As a leaf withers from the vine,
Or as one withers from the fig tree.
5 For My sword is satiated in heaven,
Behold it shall descend for judgment upon Edom
And upon the people whom I have devoted to destruction.
6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood,
It is sated with fat, with the blood of lambs and goats,
With the fat of the kidneys of rams.
For the Lord has a sacrifice in Bozrah
And a great slaughter in the land of Edom.
7 Wild oxen will also fall with them
And young bulls with strong ones;
Thus their land will be soaked with blood,
And their dust become greasy with fat.
8 For the Lord has a day of vengeance,
A year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
9 Its streams will be turned into pitch,
And its loose earth into brimstone,
And its land will become burning pitch.
10 It will not be quenched night or day;
Its smoke will go up forever.
From generation to generation it will be desolate;

Wow thats some serious stuff huh? But notice some things do survive ..thorns, hedgehog, pelicans, bedoins..how could this be if it were literal?

But pelican and hedgehog will possess it,
And owl and raven will dwell in it;
And He will stretch over it the line of desolation
And the plumb line of emptiness.
12 Its nobles—there is no one there
Whom they may proclaim king—
And all its princes will be nothing.
13 Thorns will come up in its fortified towers,
Nettles and thistles in its fortified cities;
It will also be a haunt of jackals
And an abode of ostriches.
14 The desert creatures will meet with the wolves,
The hairy goat also will cry to its kind;
Yes, the night monster will settle there
And will find herself a resting place.
15 The tree snake will make its nest and lay eggs there,
And it will hatch and gather them under its protection.
Yes, the hawks will be gathered there,
Every one with its kind.

Any time the bible is talking about a coming of the Lord as in judgement the language is Apocalyptic...Just as the language used in the coming of Christ in judgement upon babylon( Jerusalem) in the last days, 70ad.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Hobbs, that's interesting comparisons. Is Apocalyptic language a form of poetry or just used in poetry?
Why was this Apocalyptic language used to describe these events?

hobbs27

Hobbs, that's interesting comparisons. Is Apocalyptic language a form of poetry or just used in poetry?
Why was this Apocalyptic language used to describe these events?

It is cultural, and I think they were adding a lot of adjectives just to show the awesomeness of God!

Do you see now why following a strictly literal interpretation of the bible concerning the end times is not only ignorant , but dangerous to teach? Our time and culture does not understand the language , and for years we have been using it to scare people, which is not Gods intent!

Why else would the first century church been awaiting the coming of Christ so eagerly? Do you think they wanted all earth to be consumed with fire and brimstone? I don't, I think they were awaiting for the final end to the curse of death (spiritual) and looking for the ushering in of eternal life....this is why Thessalonians 4 was written to the church in Thessalonica . The church wasn't worried about those that died years ago, but those that died recently in Christ.

Last edited:

hobbs27

IMG_99492984038135.jpeg

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Here's a very good article on the subject...BTW If Im not mistaken Hagees prophecy will have suppose to have come true by Sept this year, so when it doesn't are we as Christians going to hold him accountable? Prob not.

http://americanvision.org/10106/blood-moons-bible-prophecy-integrity-bible/

Anyone know what Hagee is saying will happen?? I've been listening to some about it but not too far along.

From what I understand: there have only been 4 blood moons (in a certain period of time) that occur on a Jewish festival day. Each time they do, something "big" happens concerning the Jews. This yr, sometime in Sep, will be the last.

hobbs27

Anyone know what Hagee is saying will happen?? I've been listening to some about it but not too far along.

From what I understand: there have only been 4 blood moons (in a certain period of time) that occur on a Jewish festival day. Each time they do, something "big" happens concerning the Jews. This yr, sometime in Sep, will be the last.

Here's what they are saying...

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I found this on it..

Not defending Hagee, but has he said all that this video said that he has??? I did notice that he had books to sell too.

Here's what they are saying...

Hadn't seen that one. I do believe that America will fall, how soon I have no idea.

Hobbs27 Thanks for sharing the videos.

hobbs27

Just in time for the end of the latest false prediction..

Attachments

• end times rapture card..jpg
    end times rapture card..jpg
    11 KB · Views: 730