Is there a discussion about the blood moons?

Beartrkkr

Just in time for the end of the latest false prediction..

attachment.php

OK that was funny.

hobbs27

I don't know if it was the cloud cover that saved us or what, but John Hagee is officially a false prophet!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1443524462049.jpg
    FB_IMG_1443524462049.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 228

hobbs27

Careful.
They said the same thing about Noah.

I have lost count of how many end time dates I have survived just in my 43 years of life.

Here is why I feel comfortable knowing it' s a hoax...other than the fact that all 4 blood moons have come with no event.

1. The rapture is an easily disputed ideology. The parable of the wheat and tares is all one needs to look at to know the church will not be taken out of this world first.

2. Jesus told His disciples the hour and day no man knows, not even Him but the Father only. John Hagee is not the Father.
Jesus also said His coming in which He didn't know the hour or the day, would come in that generation of the people He was speaking to, and He told them it would happen before the disciples could finish going through the cities of Israel.
I will hang on to the words of Jesus over John Hagee and not have any worries at all. Today we are one day farther from the end than we were yesterday.

Jeffriesw

I have lost count of how many end time dates I have survived just in my 43 years of life.

Here is why I feel comfortable knowing it' s a hoax...other than the fact that all 4 blood moons have come with no event.

1. The rapture is an easily disputed ideology. The parable of the wheat and tares is all one needs to look at to know the church will not be taken out of this world first.

2. Jesus told His disciples the hour and day no man knows, not even Him but the Father only. John Hagee is not the Father.
Jesus also said His coming in which He didn't know the hour or the day, would come in that generation of the people He was speaking to, and He told them it would happen before the disciples could finish going through the cities of Israel.
I will hang on to the words of Jesus over John Hagee and not have any worries at all. Today we are one day farther from the end than we were yesterday.

Agreed. :)

welderguy

I don't follow John Hagee personally,but a friend at work does,and he has kept me informed of some of his views.I don't think he gave any specific date did he? I think he was more or less saying the blood moons were part of the "signs and the times",indicating the future return of Jesus.
I agree that no man knoweth the day or hour.
When I read Rom.8,particularly verse 11 and 23, I see a future time when the Spirit will make my mortal body come alive.And since that hasn't happened yet,wouldn't it be a future event?

hobbs27

I don't follow John Hagee personally,but a friend at work does,and he has kept me informed of some of his views.I don't think he gave any specific date did he? I think he was more or less saying the blood moons were part of the "signs and the times",indicating the future return of Jesus.
I agree that no man knoweth the day or hour.
When I read Rom.8,particularly verse 11 and 23, I see a future time when the Spirit will make my mortal body come alive.And since that hasn't happened yet,wouldn't it be a future event?

Welder, When you read this you think it is speaking of a biologically dead body?

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

And this?
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

welderguy

Yes I do.
Paul says "will also"(pointing back to Jesus' resurrection)"make alive your MORTAL BODIES through his Spirit who dwells in you."

Why does Paul say this about our mortal bodies in the context of Jesus' bodily resurrection if it's not referring to the bodily resurrection of our mortal bodies?
1 Thess.4 & 5 supports this bodily resurrection as well.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
have you ever studied the terminology concerning not knowing the day or the hour? It has to do with the starting of Rosh Hashanah.

Look at the scripture and rabbinical teachings and see exactly what Jesus was talking about when he made that statement.

Last edited:

hobbs27

Yes I do.
Paul says "will also"(pointing back to Jesus' resurrection)"make alive your MORTAL BODIES through his Spirit who dwells in you."

Why does Paul say this about our mortal bodies in the context of Jesus' bodily resurrection if it's not referring to the bodily resurrection of our mortal bodies?
1 Thess.4 & 5 supports this bodily resurrection as well.

What they were waiting on was His return with His gift, "eternal life".

The Thessalonians were upset about their loved ones that died in Christ before His return...Read it again
1Thessalonians 4:15, 17 "WE" Paul includes Himself among the living at the coming of the Lord.

hobbs27

have you ever studied the terminology concerning not knowing the day or the hour? It has to do with the starting Rosh Hashanah.

Look at the scripture and rabbinical teachings and see exactly what Jesus was talking about when he made that statement.

It has been a while and I need to revisit that. I have a book here somewhere that goes over all the feast Sabbaths and what they represented and how Christ's birth , death , resurrection, ascension, and return was all part of fulfilling the Sabbaths.

welderguy

What they were waiting on was His return with His gift, "eternal life"

Why then does he specify "mortal bodies" being made alive? I thought you believed that our eternal life did not involve the mortal body?

The Thessalonians were upset about their loved ones that died in Christ before His return...Read it again
1Thessalonians 4:15, 17 "WE" Paul includes Himself among the living at the coming of the Lord.

So,are you saying the book of 1 Thess. is only intended and relevant to that specific congregation of believers? That would mean all that Paul ever preached is irrelevant for us today because all his letters were to specific congregations and individuals. I think God had a much broader audience in mind.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

hobbs27

Why then does he specify "mortal bodies" being made alive? I thought you believed that our eternal life did not involve the mortal body?

It doesn't. But to make our physical, carnal,dying bodies alive in the spirit is the context.

Romans 8 YLT 10 and if Christ [is] in you, the body, indeed, [is] dead because of sin, and the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness,

11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you.

So,are you saying the book of 1 Thess. is only intended and relevant to that specific congregation of believers? That would mean all that Paul ever preached is irrelevant for us today because all his letters were to specific congregations and individuals. I think God had a much broader audience in mind.

We learn from the epistles and they are recorded for us, but they are not written to us. If they mean nothing at all to the original audience they could mean nothing at all to us.

welderguy

It doesn't. But to make our physical, carnal,dying bodies alive in the spirit is the context.

Romans 8 YLT 10 and if Christ [is] in you, the body, indeed, [is] dead because of sin, and the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness,

11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit.

Are the bodies spoken of in John 5:28-29 still dying? Because it says they are in the graves.
They seem to me to be totally dead,not dying.Yet Jesus says they will hear His voice and come out.

hobbs27

Are the bodies spoken of in John 5:28-29 still dying? Because it says they are in the graves.
They seem to me to be totally dead,not dying.Yet Jesus says they will hear His voice and come out.

In John 5 there was no Salvation. The blood had not shed, so death still reigned. The ones in the grave were the likes of Adam, Moses, Abraham, Samuel, etc... The grave was Hades which was an abode for the dead that were separated by sin from God. Even they needed to be washed in the blood before they could go to heaven.

When Christ died on the cross He first descended, and led that captivity captive out of paradise at the ascension.

8 Therefore He says:

“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”
9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also first[c] descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

There is no mention of bodies in John5 or Ephesians 4.

welderguy

In John 5 there was no Salvation. The blood had not shed, so death still reigned. The ones in the grave were the likes of Adam, Moses, Abraham, Samuel, etc... The grave was Hades which was an abode for the dead that were separated by sin from God. Even they needed to be washed in the blood before they could go to heaven.

When Christ died on the cross He first descended, and led that captivity captive out of paradise at the ascension.

8 Therefore He says:

“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”
9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also first[c] descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

There is no mention of bodies in John5 or Ephesians 4.

I don't believe there is this separation from God at death,even for the old testament saints,based on Eccl.12:7:

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was;and the spirit shall return to God who gave it."

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Or is anyone interested in discussing the topic...I can't find what I'm looking for on the net.

I never discuss end times blather. Astronomical and geological events happen, and have been happening for hundreds of thousands of years, and may continue for another hundred thousand.

In my honest opinion, wasting time discussing that of what not even the angels in heaven know is a counterproductive use of time that should otherwise be spent on spreading the Good News. ;)

jasper181

Hagge is a hack, anything to make money. There has been something like 8 lunar tetrads during Passover, not sure why this one is any different. Im not sure how so called Christians buy into this stuff, the Bible is pretty clear on the subject of guessing when the time may come .