Is this a joke??

mattuga

Banned
I didn't like it at first glance but that comes with change. I'm sure some things that didn't work the way we wanted before now do work better for us.

I'm glad they kept the layout, that is a main thing that would be a pain to readjust to. Very smart to keep that.(y)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I didn't like it at first glance but that comes with change. I'm sure some things that didn't work the way we wanted before now do work better for us.

I'm glad they kept the layout, that is a main thing that would be a pain to readjust to. Very smart to keep that.(y)

We are running a completely different message board application Matt so naturally lots of things are going to be different.

My favorite Microsoft upgrade joke - When they do an upgrade all they are doing is rearranging where everything is and what's it's called. I call it the "Helen Keller Punishment". How did Helen Keller's parents punish her for wrongdoing? Rearrange the furniture.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, this is horrible. I'm not saying there weren't any, but I never had any problems with the old format.

The old format was Vbulletin. That application had reached its' End Of Life. We had no choice but to upgrade to Xenforo.

Meriwether Mike

Test pic

Attachments

• 442W30 at Esso Club.jpg
    442W30 at Esso Club.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 7

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
How did you fix your avatar?

Go to your profile, click on the change avatar box and re upload your same avatar.

Gaducker

Well its easier to post pics aint it????

Attachments

• 254931_4901052725343_1983092718_n.jpg
    254931_4901052725343_1983092718_n.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 11

DoubleRR

3 days offline and then this format is the results.... 2 words >>----> P U !

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
We are not through to the final results of the change yet.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I am a member at a couple of other forums that use this format. It will grow on you after a while.
I don’t know why but that like count is a big deal to some at other places.

I must admit I like the obsolete v bulletin format. But I like old stuff.
Wish I still had the F100 I bought new in 73 for $3200. But I bet the old ways are gone :cautious:

FOLES55

This format is horrible, bring back the old look. I’m all for upgrading, but this is junk and looking forward to the finished product if more is to come.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
This format is horrible, bring back the old look. I’m all for upgrading, but this is junk and looking forward to the finished product if more is to come.
It is hardly junk, especially for the price. What it does offer are so many more options than the old vBulletin that it takes quite a while to get all of the right options selected to even get close to the old appearance and not totally give away the ship to the pirates in the process.

There is a learning curve for the members, but pretty soon we'll all be sailing right along as if nothing ever changed and like the new options we now have.

mike1225

I am a member at a couple of other forums that use this format. It will grow on you after a while.

Wish I still had the F100 I bought new in 73 for $3200. But I bet the old ways are gone :cautious:
That's Funny! I bought a new F100 4x4 6 cylinder in 1973 for $3372.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

The first vehicle I ever owned was a 1970 F100 that I bought very used for $450 when I was 16. It was a great truck, and I'd sure like to have it back.

You didn't even have to check the oil-when you heard that valve lifter start to tick, you knew to pour a quart in there. :bounce:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

That's Funny! I bought a new F100 4x4 6 cylinder in 1973 for $3372.

Mine was a Ranger back then Ranger was full sized. V8 automatic. Two tone green

The first vehicle I ever owned was a 1970 F100 that I bought very used for $450 when I was 16. It was a great truck, and I'd sure like to have it back.

You didn't even have to check the oil-when you heard that valve lifter start to tick, you knew to pour a quart in there. :bounce:

I owned a 70 model later on. It had that 240 ticking six banger too

Tmpr111

I actually like the new format, from both the phone and the PC. It looks different and I'll miss the ole doo-doo brown look, but I like it so far!