Is this bear sign?

SparkyJB

I found this up in the mountains of NW GA. I'm a first year hunter and am learning the ins and outs of animal signs. I know this isnt deer sign because its about 7 ft high. Could this be a bear?

Attachments

• 20181216_161929 (1).jpg
    20181216_161929 (1).jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 193

twincedargap

This one makes my 6’3” friend look small
i-dVjtsWD-XL.jpg

I found this up in the mountains of NW GA. I'm a first year hunter and am learning the ins and outs of animal signs. I know this isnt deer sign because its about 7 ft high. Could this be a bear?

The photo posted by SparkyJB is NOT bear sign, however, the others in this thread are most definitely Bruin and exciting sign to locate. Would prove to be quite productive.

twincedargap

Sparky, Your suggesting hunting these sign posts? I’ve never heard that would be productive.

That said, I might throw a trail cam on one to watch it in the spring to see how often one gets visited during mating season.

Last edited:
I am aware of the same animal returning to the same tree year after year to make his presence known. They often stand on their hind legs with their back to the tree and they reach up to grab the tree with their front claws then reach around with their heads to gnaw and leave their scent from the head and neck. Locating this sign Mid-to late summer should put a smile on your face. Have to be realistic, but the higher up the tree (it standing on the ground) the larger the beloved Beast.

Latest posts