It’s too hot for this...

ekr

People say it’s fun to kill August pigs. What they forget to mention is how difficult it can be. There were 3 different sounders that I couldn’t connect with. Those would’ve been a lot closer. Sadly, this one is 0.98 miles from the truck. 1 mile to kill it, 1 mile back with some meat. 3 trips to get all the meat back to the truck. Mentally, I done quit, coyotes can have the rest but I just kept going back. I am soaked and when you can smell yourself stinking, you’re beyond stinking. After taking a bite of the grilled pork ribs & a ice cold coors light the following evening.....I am reminded it was dreadful but totally worth it in the end. Stay hydrated out there folks. Have a wonderful season. ?

Attachments

• 3F27B935-8202-49E5-BD78-5260ADB1C859.jpeg
    3F27B935-8202-49E5-BD78-5260ADB1C859.jpeg
    644 KB · Views: 92

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
No delivery guy for that savory reward! Good on ya man......cooler weather is right around the corner!

Hillbilly stalker

Way to stick with it ! Nice hog too. You ever tote them out in a sack ?

Reactions: ekr

sleepr71

You walked 6 miles to pack out a hog? In this heat!? Naw...The National Turkey Buzzard Foundation is taking donations 24/7/365. That’s exactly who would have got that one! I’d honestly be scared to fool with one now. They spoil rather quick,STINK,have a million ticks on ‘em,pseudorabies,and pack Brucellosis. Brucellosis is NO joke bud,it’ll dang near kill a young,healthy,man?

ekr

You walked 6 miles to pack out a hog? In this heat!? Naw...The National Turkey Buzzard Foundation is taking donations 24/7/365. That’s exactly who would have got that one! I’d honestly be scared to fool with one now. They spoil rather quick,STINK,have a million ticks on ‘em,pseudorabies,and pack Brucellosis. Brucellosis is NO joke bud,it’ll dang near kill a young,healthy,man?

It was horrible. Pig down and picture taken at 8:13 am. Hit the road home about 1:30 pm.

I’d like to join a hunting club at this point. I’d like to just shoot em from a stand and haul em out with a four wheeler. ?️?️?️

GTHunter

It sounds like you need to start wearing a bigger pack. Or just take it out Cameron Hanes style on your shoulders. 3 rounds trips is for the birds. Congrats on the summer sausage!

transfixer

I admire your dedication, I might have done such a thing in my 20's or 30's, now if I have to drag it more than 50yds, I'd better be able to get to it with an atv or my golf cart,, or I'm feeding the buzzards and yotes !

Wayne D Davis

Last one I shot was this past turkey season. Deboned and pack her out what would fit in my back pac. Got everything but the neck roast. It was hard on my 55 yr body

Hillbilly stalker

If it’s too big or far to drag, I just pack them out with my Alice pack. If it’s clear and level, i’ll use the game cart. Which sack are you talking about?
I tote a canvas laundry bag. It has shoulder straps and I roll it up about the size of a kids nerd football. I put it and a bottle of water in a haversack and that's all I carry. Inside the bag I have 5 unscented garbage bags and 2 pair of latex gloves. The laundry bag opens up about the size of a medium Alice pack. I quarter the hog and put each piece in a bag, and the backstraps in a seperate bag. I take it all out in one trip. This video is close to the way I do it. Takes 10 minutes or so.

Hillbilly stalker

I take off both front shoulders first, then roll him on his belly with the rear legs spread. ( that holds him still for you) I catch the hide from the shoulder cut and skin the flap up to expose both back straps with one cut. That seems to get less hair on it. After the back straps are pulled, I roll him on his back and take the hams. I'll make a video this year when our season comes in. If your limber it takes 5 minutes. Takes me a little longer being a full figured guy and all. :bounce: I drug my first and last hog at the same time. Put my thinking cap on real quick like.

bowbuck

Dragging anything further than 100 yards is for the birds. You Tube the gutless method and buy you a decent pack. Go cheap and buy cheap pillow cases at the dollar store, pick your favorite color. Quarter it, grab lions and whatever else you want and leave the rest. Take a leisurely stroll back to the truck. The only way to go.

hambone76

Congratulations on the kill! Invest in a quality pack frame with a meat shelf on it. I had a 125# sow and 50# boar, together, both quartered on mine. One trip out of the woods. I carry gallon bags and pillowcases for the meat, then put it all in a stuff sack. Lash it to the frame and haul tail outta there.