It is illegal to use electronic calls for fox, bobcats and coons in GA

bullit

To carry this a bit further... check the legal size of bullet to use on "fur bearers" and size of shot when using a shotgun. I "think" the 22 rimfire is the largest bullet for fur bearers and # 2 shot the largest for shotgun shells.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
that's not a law that's a regulation and it only applies on WMA's during small game hunts. You can only hunt small game with small game weapons and only during daylight hours, therefore during small game seasons on a WMA you can hunt hogs during the same time, but not when it's illegal to hunt small game. They could just ban hog hunting all the way aroud during small game season since it isn't legally small game to begin with, but instead they choose to allow more people on the wma to hunt.

sounds like a good idea to me.

T

I have never seen you be so patient, and try to Explain things in such a simple manner.................good on ya T:clap:

I see you DO, have a soft side:cheers:

BornToHuntAndFish

Good clear answers for lots of the same questions that come up regularly.

Now I found 2 sides of "T" I like hearing from.

:bounce:

A lot depends on the DNR agent you happen to meet as well, and his take on the regs. Using an amplified call for coyote could get you cited for hunting other predators.....I just won't use the electronic for that reason....

Ben

papachaz

ok so according to #2, can we use a computer controlled firearm to shoot at a wild animal or wildlife across the state line since it's not located in this state????????

I know, I know :whip::whip:

but I just couldn't help myself

rosewood

They don't consider fox and bobcat as predators. They consider them fur bearers.

Coyotes bear fur, oops, did I say that out loud?

j_seph

can this be stickied for a while? maybe till the end of february?

T
Now you know this ain't gonna keep that bobcat from getting killed with the IPhone predator call app with the ole 30/06:whip:

j_seph

On a serious note:
It shall also be unlawful to use electronic communications equipment for the purpose of facilitating pursuit of any wild animal, game bird, or game animal.

How can one use GPS collars on their dogs to hunt coon or deer. This is an electronic device which basically lets you know where abouts the dog & game animal is at

rosewood

On a serious note:
It shall also be unlawful to use electronic communications equipment for the purpose of facilitating pursuit of any wild animal, game bird, or game animal.

How can one use GPS collars on their dogs to hunt coon or deer. This is an electronic device which basically lets you know where abouts the dog & game animal is at

I am pretty sure that is so people don't use the radio to drive the game to someone else, person to person. Of course, some GWs could interpret it that way I suppose.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
On a serious note:

the intent is to keep up with their property (dog), not the animal they are trailing.

T

rosewood

the intent is to keep up with their property (dog), not the animal they are trailing.

T

Yes and I would think a GW would much rather you use the electronics to track and get your dog to come back than have to deal with the neighbor that is fussing about you hunting for your dog on their property. :)

Big7

The Oracle
Bet they would love to see my turkey call.

It even has a fly down from the roost. :offtopic::biggrin2:

660griz

Sometimes...virtually the only animal in season you can use an electronic call for is coyote. Just don't use an electronic call during Fox/Bobcat season and try to explain you are only hunting coyote. You may but, you can see the DNR's situation. :)

35 Whelen

Q: What weapons may be used to hunt
feral hog on a WMA?
a: Feral hogs are not a game species and are
considered incidental take during any hunt on a
WMA (except during Special Hog Hunts). This
means that you must use the legal weapons
for the specific game species for which the
WMA is open. So, if a WMA is open for small
game then you may only use legal weapons for
small game if you intend to hunt for feral hogs.
Muzzleloaders and archery equipment are
legal during small game and turkey seasons.
However, during Special Hog Hunts only, you
may use any legal firearm.
Electronic calls may be used for feral hog.
Night hunting and baiting are prohibited on
WMAs.