It was a Fluke...w/pics & video

Scout'nStripers

I got out on Lanier yesterday from 10am till 2pm primarily looking for topwater fish. It was slow but I did manage one good one out on a windy point before hitting the shallow banks with the fluke again. I found a few good ones up shallow yesterday. Water temps took a little dip and in the mid to upper 60's in the creek. Here's a video and a few pictures from my trip.
MAH00046 (1) (2).jpgMAH00046 (1) (3).jpgMAH00046 (1) (6).jpgMAH00046 (1) (5).jpgMAH00046 (1) (7).jpg

Papa Bear

Another good day there Jim! I got out yesterday afternoon and also had some luck in sunny pockets with grass in mid lake area. Caught several but mine were much smaller fish but had fun.

GreenPig

Same story for me on Juliette yesterday. Caught a mix of hybrids,stripers,spots, and LM. Couldn't buy a topwater bite but the fluke basically skipping on the surface produced.

BeerThirty

Weighted or weightless,,,,the Northerns love the paddletails,,,,

I fish it weightless, and usually with a red hook. I'm always tossing one of these because they're so dang versatile. They're great in the pads too! You can drag them over the pads as soon as they drop in between- BAM! They used to make a color called Arkansas shiner that produced, but haven't seen it in awhile.

Cmp1

BANNED
I fish it weightless, and usually with a red hook. I'm always tossing one of these because they're so dang versatile. They're great in the pads too! You can drag them over the pads as soon as they drop in between- BAM! They used to make a color called Arkansas shiner that produced, but haven't seen it in awhile.
Zoom?

jocko755

Nice ones. I also got out yesterday. I went out in Thompson creek. I am unfamiliar with that part of the lake. I threw a white chatterbait with a white swimbait. I got a lot of big fish following it back to the boat but not taking it. I had a few tails bit off. I was thinking of removing the skirt. Switched to a fluke - strike king caffeine shad - on a slightly weighted hook. That was the deal. But still only caught 2. I saw a bunch of fish chasing bait shallow, but they ignored my bait.

Still a nice day on the lake.