Jack for FX4 F150

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I won’t go into the details, but I need another jack for my truck. I don’t really care if it original equipment, but I want it to do a good job. I would pay extra for a lightweight model. Any suggestions or good ideas?

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I carry a high lift jack, they are not for everyone, and they aren't light but they work with my lifted truck.
IMG_0701.JPG

John Cooper

Where do you lift from?

Front tow hook, receiver hitch, nerf bars, they also make an emergency winch.

Just be sure you know how to use one!!! If you don't they will hurt you fast and in a bad way!!!!!!!!

boatbuilder

I a 15 f150 but am scared to use the hi lift on my side steps
or rear hitch.

On my old truck I made some side bars out of schedule 40 pipe that bolted to the frame that I could jack from.

John Cooper

I a 15 f150 but am scared to use the hi lift on my side steps
or rear hitch.

On my old truck I made some side bars out of schedule 40 pipe that bolted to the frame that I could jack from.

I understand about the side bars, just like mine you have to put the Jack at the point where the frame support is.

If you have a receiver hitch, you can either make a hook or use a strap. I have been wheeling and off roading for over 30 years...... if it can break I have broken it, my high lift has gotten me out of a bunch of jams on the trail.

I think most folks have them now as a status symbol on their 4x4 cause they never looked used at all. :bounce:

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Front tow hook, receiver hitch, nerf bars, they also make an emergency winch.

Just be sure you know how to use one!!! If you don't they will hurt you fast and in a bad way!!!!!!!!
Salvage auto parts yard should have them.

NEVER jack up a vehicle from the tow hook and trust it with your life. It’s meant for towing only and will break away when pushed. Unbolt them to see what actually holds them and you’ll never jack on it again.
NEVER jack up from nerf bars either.
They are much weaker than your frame. You should always jack up the frame but can often get away with jacking up the suspension or hitch. Any other part will fail or slip. Read up on the strength of your ford tow hooks and nerf bars.

Pull a part and similar places do not allow any jacks on the yard or leave any jacks in the vehicles.
They sometimes have a jack or two in the front office for sale but won’t let you use it in the yard. You’ll find nice jacks at Napa, Summit or other Automotive stores.
Walmart and harbor freight have new jacks but they are usually all weak or bulky and pricy for what they are. Some junkyards leave the jacks in but not pull apart ever.

John Cooper

NEVER jack up a vehicle from the tow hook and trust it with your life. It’s meant for towing only and will break away when pushed. Unbolt them to see what actually holds them and you’ll never jack on it again.
NEVER jack up from nerf bars either.
They are much weaker than your frame. You should always jack up the frame but can often get away with jacking up the suspension or hitch. Any other part will fail or slip. Read up on the strength of your ford tow hooks and nerf bars.

Pull a part and similar places do not allow any jacks on the yard or leave any jacks in the vehicles.
They sometimes have a jack or two in the front office for sale but won’t let you use it in the yard. You’ll find nice jacks at Napa, Summit or other Automotive stores.
Walmart and harbor freight have new jacks but they are usually all weak or bulky and pricy for what they are. Some junkyards leave the jacks in but not pull apart ever.

Ok, like I said they are not for everyone, but I promise you I will not be without one.

boatbuilder

I understand about the side bars, just like mine you have to put the Jack at the point where the frame support is.

If you have a receiver hitch, you can either make a hook or use a strap. I have been wheeling and off roading for over 30 years...... if it can break I have broken it, my high lift has gotten me out of a bunch of jams on the trail.

I think most folks have them now as a status symbol on their 4x4 cause they never looked used at all. :bounce:

They are great for breaking tire beads and pulling up fence posts.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Ok, like I said they are not for everyone, but I promise you I will not be without one.

I bent my factory jack on an incline. I have one now that says “10” on it in bold and it is a much larger scissor type plus it’s heavy duty but I doubt 10 actually stands for 10 tons. Maybe it does.
Also carry a bottle jack around.
Going without a jack is just asking for the worst to happen at the worst moment.
No telling when I need them but when I do need them they are there.

boatbuilder

I keep a bottle jack and a few 8 inch pieces of 2 x 8 in my tool box. I have never even taken my trucks factory jack out.

When I went to cape hattaras fishing I took my hi lift with some wheel hooks and the fancy base but never needed it

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
....my high lift has gotten me out of a bunch of jams on the trail.

And color matched to the body of the vehicle. LOL

They will hurt you. If you don't know how to use one then don't use one.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Last edited: