Jack Scott

Lumpkin Hunter

Went to Unicoi this morning after I got off work and looked around a bit. I finally got to talk to Jack Scott for a few minutes while looking at his box calls and strikers. I just wanted to tell you all that he and his wife are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I didn't get to talk very long due to he was busy trying to meet and talk to everyone that stopped by his boot, but the few minutes I had let me know he is a genuine person. While talking to him about his calls and hunting you could see the true passion for Turkey hunting in his eyes and feel it in his voice.

In the world today it is a true pleasure to meet people as the Scotts. I didn't get to purchase one of his boxes due to having spent to much money already and there was no ATM at Unicoi but I will have one soon. Tell you what he did. He offered to let me pick out a call and take it home then send him a check later. I didn't do it, but little does he know that a day trip to below Macon will be coming before long so that I can have an hour or so to talk turkey with this man and play calls.

God bless.

Woody's Janitor

They are very nice people and today when I looked in their photo book, I saw that they have down loaded some comments about their calls from the forums on Woody's! :flag:

matthewsman

Is this the same Jack Scott that was a

WRD ranger for/at Beaverdam in the late 80's early 90's?

Bow Only

Everytime I pull out my Scott cutter, I think of how nice he was to my wife who knew nothing about turkey calls but knew how I talked about them. On the side of my cutter, he engraved, "To Matt, From Tonya" and the number, date and type of wood. Great people and great calls.

Jody Hawk

I could talk turkey with Jack Scott for hours. I bought a box from him at Perry last year and it won't be long until I own another one. Both he and his wife are good folks.

Carp

I have one of his boxes and love it, that thing talks turkey!

Attachments

• Jack Scott.jpg
    Jack Scott.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 281

pseshooter

Scott's Cutter

I have heard alot about these calls. What do these calls go for and is there a contact # to get one? Thanks

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I would like to add to my collection and am looking for that phone number as well!

Thanks,

Gage

LKennamer

Jack is former DNR

He was very active in wild turkey restoration...he also makes some of the best turkey calls in the business. They are much sought after and well worth the money...they cost a lot less than they are worth! He and his wife are good people, too. I always enjoy visiting with them

Al33

Thanks Gage for the A.C. correction

I did not look at Jack's new info, my bad.

I have one of his cards I have kept for a long time.

Al

Last edited:

Al White

Mr. Jack and Ms. Shirley are very good friends of mine. You won't meet better people than them. Jack's calls are truly the best sounding calls that I have ever heard. He "ear tunes" each call individually, until it sounds just right to him. I take two of them with me every time that I hit the turkey woods. I even bought one for my future turkey hunter, Gavin, who's only 19 months old right now!

Here is a link to Jack and Shirley's web site.

http://www.scottscutterturkeycalls.com/

gobblinglawyer

Mr. Jack makes FINE calls. His "cut" and "fly down cackle" can't be beat.

I have at least a dozen of his calls in my collection. :flag: