Jackson Cuda HD 2018 - REVIEW -

Goat

GONetwork Member and TU member!
I kayak fish 2-3 times a week, go on weeklong kayak trips and hit the salt a few times a year. I spend a lot of time in a yak. I am comparing the Cuda HD to my Old Town Predator 13 and Feel Free Lure 11.5, both are good yaks.

The Cuda HD is unusable to me.

The Bad---
The seat is so uncomfortable that I have to get out after 2 hours. the back of the seat slips often making you lean further back and needs constant adjustment. Also the forward scupper holes are in a bad spot. My heel is always sliding into the scupper hole no matter the seat position or peg placement. There is not a good spot for the transducer. Its the least stable kayak I have been on.

The Good---The buoyancy is great with this boat. I can fully load it down and have a dry ride. There is plenty of in hull storage. The boat tracks well and is easy to paddle. I can keep 3mph on flat water with little effort. Plenty of rails to mount everything. There were some bolt issues when I got the yak and Jackson was great about sending replacement parts. Great rudder system.

The old saying about no perfect kayak holds true but the seat issue makes this a 2 thumbs down for me.

grey goose 01

What is the difference in the Cuda HD and the Coosa HD? My relative is interested in both of these.

I'm trying to convert him to Wilderness Systems, but he can buy a new Jackson for half price. Can't say I'd argue with that kind of deal!

Yakman22

Cuda is built more for speed and to cover water. Coosa is more of a all around yak, good on rivers. Can’t argue with a half priced Jackson