Jackson Lake Traffic during the week

SAshmore39

I'm brand new and live like 10 minutes from Jackson Lake in central GA. My question is how much boat traffic is there during the week because I know Saturdays and Sundays are busiest. Also can a 12 Ft Jon boat handle itself out there

GaMudd

You should consider putting in at Reasor’s. And the lake is down about 5 feet for the next month or so.

3ringer

You should consider putting in at Reasor’s. And the lake is down about 5 feet for the next month or so.
GaMudd is right about Reasors Lansing. That whole area is an idle zone anyway. You will be fine in a Jon boat. The lake is down quiet a bit until middle November.

Attachments

• 4660D602-BED4-4120-9FAF-2303C1449F91.jpeg
    4660D602-BED4-4120-9FAF-2303C1449F91.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 42

weagle

I fish Jackson from a jon boat and a sit on top kayak. It's good to go except weekends and holidays.

If you live near Jackson, Charlie Elliott WMA has some great lakes for a jon boat. Also the watershed lakes near by are good, Varner, Hard Labor Creek.

SAshmore39

I fish Jackson from a jon boat and a sit on top kayak. It's good to go except weekends and holidays.

If you live near Jackson, Charlie Elliott WMA has some great lakes for a jon boat. Also the watershed lakes near by are good, Varner, Hard Labor Creek.
Varner I never heard of. Where is that located?

weagle

Varner is just North of Covington. It's the Newton county watershed lake. Electric only, HUGE bass.