Jan 1 AM

Thread starter #1

Whiteboy

I would have bet anything it would rain all morning looking at the radar and hour by hour forecast last night. Woke up and it is not raining, so climbed the pine. This is probably the warmest morning to walk to the stand we will see this year.

1982ace

Breaking in the new year with a creek bottom sit in lowndes county. No movement yet but wood ducks and an otter. And I forgot the tree rats. 19DC0EAF-D3AE-48C5-A277-DC28FEC03413.jpeg

Curtis

Just getting into short stand in thick pines 150 yards off road in Cowetta. Pushed one getting into stand. Saw another trotting through woods when parking. Guess we are all moving late this am. Last nights rain dripping down off the treees. Any legal deer is getting a ride in the truck. Good luck and happy new year.

4HAND

We saw a doe walking in this morning. About 9am saw 2 deer, I think a doe & yearling but not sure. Wind swirled & I think they smelled us because they got out of here!

Curtis

Surprisingly quiet. Not a single shot heard. will give it another 30 mins or so then go home and wake the house with doughnuts.

Been setup here on some NF land for about 30 mins. I'm gonna give mid day a shot. At this point anything legal is headed to the processor. I would be just as proud of a spike up here then any of my biggest deer. Much respect for the guys to take big mountain deer every season