Jan 4 PM

Curtis

Sitting in an oak flat between food plot and pond in Sumter Co. Has been a good spot in the past. Often the place for a last light buck. Will take a doe if an option. First time here in a month or more. Gusty. Hope something shows. If not, picked up some Richland Rum in the way down for a camp fire drink or two.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This is the last chance dance snd I'm in it to win it.

Good luck to all you hard core tail end charlies. This is some tough tough hunting.A7EDAE1C-6E80-43F6-989D-8EF6610C07D4.jpeg

HUNTER24/7

I’m up with the Hoyt. Wind is crazy strong. Wouldn’t be a good idea for anything to come within 30 of me.

Rackbuster

My 12 year old grandson and I are trying 1 more weekend and his older brother and I will try the last weekend.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wow. Beautiful food plot. Good luck

Thanks and yes it is. Same to you. I just had a nice forkorn 4 pt with one side already shed come through with his young girlfriend. He made me when I raised my gun to get a look at him through my scope and they both bugged out. At least I’ve seen deer today.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Got a lone hen down at the end thinking about hitting the salad bar. Come on in sweetheart and invite your deer friends to join you at the table.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Heard county overlooking a thick clear cut. Saw 3 bucks running a doe in here a couple days ago. Little secondary rut action. Hope a shooter does the same this evening.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
4 more does have moved through in the last 40 minutes and all of them have spooked and skedaddled. This wind has got them spooked. The last one that split came back for about 10 minutes but she’s spooked out again.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I almost didn’t grab my jacket. Glad I did now!

I didn’t grab my jacket.
:rolleyes:

And it’s a long walk back to camp and the wood stove ain’t lit.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
4 more does have moved through in the last 40 minutes and all of them have spooked and skedaddled. This wind has got them spooked. The last one that split came back for about 10 minutes but she’s spooked out again.

I'da given one of them a free ride in the truck.

Taking the daughter out tomorrow pm so she can get a hunt in before she hads back to college next week. Hopefully she'll get her first. If it's brown, it'll be down.