Jasper County

Condor

We are going down on Saturday morning, should be good with low temps and some sunshine after the rain. Hopefully this will be the hot weekend. Last year I saw a lot of chasing on our lease on November 13

Condor

Hunted this weekend, saw very few deer, heard 2 shots all day Saturday, Sunday morning. Due to the weather and the rain that had just stopped falling, I was amazed at the lack of deer movement. All deer were just cruising except one nice 10 Point that was with a doe. Was surprised with the lack of activity. I think the acorn crop in the area was poor, deer coming to corn that was put down, all deer observed were trying to find green plants.

The question is - is the rut over? Or Has the rut not kicked in yet? If I had to guess I am guessing that the rut is yet to come in this part of Jasper based on trial camera pics I have that do not show any chasing.

NMH5050

Welcome, I bought a small tract off 83 sw of town a few years ago.

Thanks! I am really enjoying Monticello and especially the farm. We have a ton of hogs right now that I trying to get out of there. I have also seen a few turkeys that like having around.

bilgerat

Senior
I got lucky and havent seen any hogs on My place , Not many turkeys either unfortunately.

NMH5050

How was everyone's deer season? I had three really nice bucks that are still around on my place. I saw one of them but we broke off half of a side so I gave him a pass.

NMH5050

Got a big buck and son got a doe. Had a great season encountered a lot of wildlife

Nice! Post a picture.
I was holding out for this buck and never got the chance. He showed up the last day of the season right last light but I was in Alabama. Had tons of pictures of him this summer and fall. Hopefully he will stick around.

Attachments

• DEER.jpg
    DEER.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts