Jerkbait on a bubble rig?

BigGreenGoblin

I’ve used straws behind a bubble with a lot of success. I was just wondering if anyone has tried using a jerkbait behind a bubble with any success, trying to target bigger Spanish and Kings with the bubble rig. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

jasper181

I’ve used straws behind a bubble with a lot of success. I was just wondering if anyone has tried using a jerkbait behind a bubble with any success, trying to target bigger Spanish and Kings with the bubble rig. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Yes, there are actually a few companies that make premade rigs with a jerk bait. Jig head with shad body/paddle tail, swimming mullet or DOA. I actually saw a guy tarpon fishing with one , he had the bubble float and a big sandeel plastic.

GeorgiaGlockMan

That's the way some locals were fishing the boney fish at juno beach pier last weekend.

I was watching from the side as they were buzzing those across the top of mackerel schools as they came in. Uh yuh they were working pretty good for them fellas!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Probably average 2 spanish per fluke. I'll take 2 bags. If you burn through a bag of flukes, you'll have a mess of spanish.

10-4! I’ll give that a try. I love fishing Paymaster’s clouser minnows behind my bubbles. They are quite sturdy and are also something different than what most are fishing.

JonathanG2013

I remember fishing at the PCB Pier and hooked onto a big King on a sliver spoon. He ended up bending the hook and getting off. Put up a big fight though.

Never tried the bubble rig.

BigGreenGoblin

The idea for me was to be able to get some distance with some of the hard jerkbaits that would be too hard to get out there without the bubble, had a little success with a rapala ripstop. Dustin is right about the xrap though, I had more flashes and strikes on the xrap in a week from kings than I ever had snobbling a live or dead bait.

weagle

This is my favorite saltwater jerk bait for the gulf piers. Yo zuri crystal minnow:
crystal_3d_c5_MED.jpg