Jerky Seasoning

catch22

you could try the paymaster outdoor cafe forum here......lot of good cooks that frequent that sub forum

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I season the strips of meat with a little salt, heavy on the coarse grind black pepper, and "cold" smoke from a hardwood fire. That gives it a really good flavor. You can use venison or beef for this.

Other than the use of salt and pepper, it`s true jerky, made the way it was done in this part of the country forever.

shdw633

Dale seasoning steak sauce, mandarin oranges with juice (make sure you squish the oranges up), hot sauce, honey and liquid smoke. Let marinade for 24 hours and dry it up.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve tried a lot of different kinds , and gotten recipes and bought all the spices to mix my own , and I have settled on Hi - Mountain seasoning and add just a couple teaspoons of worchishire

swamp hunter

Might want to add...
If you,ve got Old Teeth grind first and use a Jerky Shooter.
Some straight cut meat is hard to pull apart....just sayin..

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Soak in mesquite liquid smoke and soy sauce. Add ground black pepper if you like. Put in dehydrator over night. My wife makes me put it out on our deck so it won't smell up the whole house. I saw Ronco do it this way on TV so I tried it. I brought mine to work when all the other guys brought theirs in including store bought jerky and everyone said that they liked mine the best. Try it and you will be very surprised how good it is. The soy sauce is plenty salty and acts as a preservative.

Do what swamp hunter said:

"Might want to add...
If you,ve got Old Teeth grind first and use a Jerky Shooter.
Some straight cut meat is hard to pull apart....just saying.."

deast1988

I use hi mountain best bang for your buck.

Just started a batch of Jalapeño by hi mountain. I hit it with Weber Jalapeño dry rub. Got it Marinading with fresh cut up Jalapeño and chili peppers. Going to dust with ghost pepper on the dyhdrator racks.

Blackston

Pappy said " Only deer season he ever heard of was salt and pepper " Pappy was an outlaw

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I use hi mountain best bang for your buck.

Just started a batch of Jalapeño by hi mountain. I hit it with Weber Jalapeño dry rub. Got it Marinading with fresh cut up Jalapeño and chili peppers. Going to dust with ghost pepper on the dyhdrator racks.
:eek: holy Rolaids Batman!!!!

Curvebow05

Little of this and little of that. Honestly I have a favorite "family" recipe that is always good, but I typically open the spice cabinet and just try a little of this and little of that. Liquid smoke and Worcester sauce are always included and are probably the only guaranteed items well salt and pepper too.

robdobbs1983

Buffalo wing sauce and fresh minced peppers, and soy sauce mixed with honey and brown sugar. Must vacuum pack, refrigerate, or consume quickly. Leaches moisture quick