Jesus actually died?

Artfuldodger

Regardless of his Deity, Jesus was a man. Did he die "mind, body, and spirit? Meaning just his human mind, body, and spirit?

The reason I'm asking is if we die mind, body, and spirit as well. Death has not been defeated yet. So if we go to Heaven at our physical death, have we really actually died?

Maybe our death was through the death of Jesus so we no longer have to actually die. Did he die so that we no longer had to? If so then what is the death that hasn't been defeated?

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Jesus conquered death by his resurrection. He defeated death.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

1 Corinthians 15:26
The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Yet we still have death?

Artfuldodger

Romans 6:9
For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, He cannot die again; death no longer has dominion over Him.

Jesus can't die again. So if we are born again, do we actually ever die?

280 Man

Banned
Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of h.ll and of death.

Artfuldodger

Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of h.ll and of death.

Then Jesus did actually die and was physically resurrected? I mean he was as dead as dead can be. But now if we believe in him we don't die.

But people who don't believe in Jesus actually die.

Spineyman

Our spirit and our mind will never die. It is this tent in which we live that shall see death. But we will pass from life to life.

John 11:26
And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

280 Man

Banned
Then Jesus did actually die and was physically resurrected? I mean he was as dead as dead can be. But now if we believe in him we don't die.

But people who don't believe in Jesus actually die.

Physically, yes, at some point but soul never dies. It either spends eternity in heaven or h.ll,

Matthew 10:28 "
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in ****.

Spineyman

Hebrews 2:8-11
8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”
For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Artfuldodger

Physically, yes, at some point but soul never dies. It either spends eternity in heaven or h.ll,

Matthew 10:28 "
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in ****.

Interesting is the soul and body is mentioned as going to He11. Both soul and body can be destroyed in he11.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Regardless of his Deity, Jesus was a man. Did he die "mind, body, and spirit? Meaning just his human mind, body, and spirit?

The reason I'm asking is if we die mind, body, and spirit as well. Death has not been defeated yet. So if we go to Heaven at our physical death, have we really actually died?

Maybe our death was through the death of Jesus so we no longer have to actually die. Did he die so that we no longer had to? If so then what is the death that hasn't been defeated?

A prime example of what drugs can do to the mind.

Artfuldodger

1 Corinthians 15:54-56
When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 55“Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

Mortals will be made immortal. Where is scripture that says we were immortal before the Cross? Souls or bodies? Where is scripture that we will bear the likeness of the Heavenly man before our resurrection?

Artfuldodger

It didn't say they would be..It says, He that is able!!!

What I'm trying to see is how we all view life and death. Is it just physical or is it spiritual as well? The wages of sin is death. Is that just a spiritual death?

I would think that death is death and life is life. Mortals being made immortal. I think it's got to be one or the other. Like wholesale wholesale or retail retail but not wholesale retail. That's car buying talk.

If the wages of sin is death then we need Christ's death and resurrection to give us mortality. We were not born immortal.

Artfuldodger

1 Corinthians 15:24-26
Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power. 25For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

What death will this be? Physical death only? Then the one defeated on the Cross was Spiritual? Jesus defeated physical death as a symbolic event to actually mean Spiritual death?

Is that really what the physical death, resurrection, and ascension means? That we may have a spiritual resurrection and ascension at our physical death?

Artfuldodger

I want to know what Jesus died for. To make me immortal by overcoming death or to just switch the places my immortal soul and/or body will spend eternity?

In doing either, how did Jesus die? Why was his resurrection physical if mine is spiritual?