Jigger fishing

We used to do it at night while I lived in Texas. We used about a foot or less of line and would constantly tat-tap-tap the water with the tip of the pole. Gets your heart racing when the water erupts at your rod tip. This is that version:

Chap

Well, I'm happy this discussion came up because it clears up a few things. About 20 years ago I witnessed a guy doing this. I thought the doctor needed to increase his dosage.

K80

I've never heard of this method. It is very intriguing. Love the simplicity of it.

Seems like it would also be an excellent workout for the arms. I imagine that is the reason it had lost favor over fishing with rod and reels.

Hillbilly stalker

I know several guys who do this with a little modification. They use a long fiberglass crappie pole and use a devil horse or a topwater plug that has a prop on the front and rear. It aggravates them into striking. Its really rough on fish on the bed. Its always been done for the meat not the sport round the house. It is exciting when a good one hits. It sounds like somebody threw the trolling motor battery in the water. Its a lot of fun in a sneak boat.