Jim Shockey speaks the truth

DSGB

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ve never seen any of his shows or works, and not really familiar with him, but I understand what he is saying. His words ring true.

buckpasser

Very good read. Thanks for sharing! “Don’t disrespect your ancestors”.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Shockey's show is much better than most of the others. I'll watch it occasionally, along with Tim Wells (Relentless Pursuit,) and Meateater. That's about the only three hunting series that even hold a lick of interest for me any more.

Mark K

Banned
I’ve watched Fred Eichler a few times and that joker will shoot whatever is legal. Spike buck...down! Cow elk...down. Doesn’t matter to him. Generally everything is shot with a recurve.
I like Shockeys show ok too...just nothing he does is in my budget. Look up booking a hunt with him or his outfit. He’s a good spokesman for the outdoors though.

lampern

I’ve watched Fred Eichler a few times and that joker will shoot whatever is legal. Spike buck...down! Cow elk...down. Doesn’t matter to him. Generally everything is shot with a recurve.
I like Shockeys show ok too...just nothing he does is in my budget. Look up booking a hunt with him or his outfit. He’s a good spokesman for the outdoors though.

I wish more hunting shows showed folks just shooting anything instead of pushing "trophy" hunting.

lampern

I can say this about Shockey, he really hunts.

I like when he goes to foreign countries and hunts, I am probably not going there but I like seeing different parts of the world and the game in it.

He really respects the animals and the people he hunts with. He is a positive for the hunting community.

bullgator

I admit, I like his show too. The one knock I’ve heard on him was from a friend who hunted black bear in the same area he does his outfitting. They got talking and the guides said he tells any client flying in not to wear camo jackets because it might offend the non-hunters.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I`ve never seen any of his shows or works, and not really familiar with him, but I understand what he is saying. His words ring true.

I think you really would like his shows

spencer12

I was never a fan of watching people hunt in Africa or exotic lands especially with firearms.

Until I started watching Jim Shockey. His Uncharted show is one of my favorite of all time. He’s a great sportsman and I enjoy watching and listening to him.

spencer12

Anybody seen the show wear he’s hunting mountain lion and gets out to stalk one and he gets charged from behind and shoots the lion point blank it’s crazy!

I saw that one, I’ve also seen him shoot a hippo that charged him at about 5 steps. When it comes to being a good “hunter” he meets the criteria.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I saw that one, I’ve also seen him shoot a hippo that charged him at about 5 steps. When it comes to being a good “hunter” he meets the criteria.

His show is the only hunting show my wife will ask to watch (DVR). Every time It comes on she is amazed At the hippo in the intro. She was yelling SHOOT IT when she watched the actual show with the hippo. Shockey was upset he had to shoot it because they were after another one that was with it if I remember correctly. Great show

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I really like the shows that have him and eva on them together. They have the same kind of relationship my daughter and I have