JLPT's Sinclair Pot Tournament May 23, 09

anglerEd

Sign up for our next JLPT Series event at Lake Sinclair. Don't turn up at Jackson Lake this time fellas. We are going to enjoy some new scenery. View the details and REGISTER at:

http://lakejacksonpottournaments.tripod.com/index.html

Be at the Dennis Station Rd. ramp for a safe light blast off, Saturday, May 23, 09. This is the 5th tournament of our 8 event Jackson Lake Pot Tournament Spring/Summer series. The series of 8 tournaments will be followed by a 2 day competition for the accumilated Classic Pot. See rules for Classic eligibility(fish 6 of 8).

In addition to 1 in 5 payback, big fish pots, and a Classic pot, we are in points competition for three free rides in our 2 day July Classic. Just $40 puts you in the game, so don't let the fun and friendly competition go down without you.

Use this thread for all subjects related to our past or future event. Planning to fish the next one? Let us know here and register at the web site.

Last edited:

mike c

due to the weighin on 05/09 where some fish were weighed without the bag @ some were weighed with the bag i feel the points should not count but it seems its going to stand i am very sorry this happened but if i cannot fish a fair tournament we will not fish at all ive already registered for 05/26 so just take me off you had a very good trail im just sorry it cant be run fair @ i think other people feel the same way

fishdoc

We wish you all the luck in the future. As far as weigh in is concerned we knew what we were dealing with when the main scales broke. We did the best we could with what we had. Everyone that weighed in was present during their weigh in and no one complained until 2 days later. We appolagize for the inconvienence but the weight will stand. Its the only way to be fair to all. Some people had a good day, i would hate to punish them for something that is speculated. After weigh in is complete it is final.We have cured the scale issue by having 3 sets now. This will not happen again. Any questions or concerns please call me , we take pride in this series and are Fair about everything. Sometimes you cant please everyone. Mike 478/3630871

Last edited:

Marks500

due to the weighin on 05/09 where some fish were weighed without the bag @ some were weighed with the bag i feel the points should not count but it seems its going to stand i am very sorry this happened but if i cannot fish a fair tournament we will not fish at all ive already registered for 05/26 so just take me off you had a very good trail im just sorry it cant be run fair @ i think other people feel the same way

Mike I understand what you are saying, We dealt with what we had and did the best we could.I didnt have anything to do with the weighin so I am not sure what was done and what was not. I didnt have a good catch anyways. Bobby is nice enough to let us use his scales, But if he has something going on that he needs them for he takes them. I appreciate all Bobby does for us. Whats done is done at this point. We are just a bunch of guys trying to have fun and compete for a low cost. We are not experts at throwing tournaments, Its a thing where everyone is and should be involved. It really has nothing to do with being fair, We did not expect for the scales to not be there and The backup scale we had to not be working. If we did not have what we had no one would have gotten weighed in. I just enjoying fishing with you Everyone and having a good time, Thats what its all about. I know you take Fishing a little More serious then most People do Mike but loosen up a little, We did what we could in the case of a broken scale.

Bnathanb1982

Fishdoc

I noticed at Jackson the last 2 tournaments that a couple guys went ahead and pulled their boat out of the water and then weighed their fish. Are we allowed to do this? I know one of the guys wasnt a regular and probably didn't know but maybe we could make it clear so everyone is on the same page?

CRBass

Wish you guys would check everyone schedules when you plan a tournament. We, C&R Bass Series, are fishing out of Little River on the 23rd. Does David at Little River even know you are coming? This weekend in particular is going to be crowded enough. Your guys are welcome to fish both tournaments we will be weighing in at 3pm.

Last edited:

bigbass07

Banned
Wish you guys would check everyone schedules when you plan a tournament. We, C&R Bass Series, is fishing out of Little River on the 23rd. Does David at Little River even know you are coming? This weekend in particular is going to be crowded enough. Your guys are welcome to fish both tournaments we will be weighing in at 3pm.

thats the whole problem clay every one is scheduling on top of each other, heck i had to pay 225.00 for the BFL at west point to make it to the regional or wildcard and ain't even going due to the oconee marine classic. i think you will draw em anyway due to the amount of money you stand to win. when i use to put on my t-ments me ,bobby, BFL and R&R would all get together and make sure we didn't step on each other, now there are just way to many ,and no one is drawing (except berry's) the boats.

sheetsrep

thats the whole problem clay every one is scheduling on top of each other, heck i had to pay 225.00 for the BFL at west point to make it to the regional or wildcard and ain't even going due to the oconee marine classic. i think you will draw em anyway due to the amount of money you stand to win. when i use to put on my t-ments me ,bobby, BFL and R&R would all get together and make sure we didn't step on each other, now there are just way to many ,and no one is drawing (except berry's) the boats.

This series was started so people could have fun competing and not have to put out a lot of money. Most of the people fishing are out there for fun and the possibility of making some money to cover your expenses is a bonus. I think they are happy if they draw 15 boats or 50, this is not a money maker for anybody just some cheap fun. Mike has done the best he can to schedule around other tournaments but like you said there are so many it is almost impossible to schedule around them all.

Brian

bigbass07

Banned
This series was started so people could have fun competing and not have to put out a lot of money. Most of the people fishing are out there for fun and the possibility of making some money to cover your expenses is a bonus. I think they are happy if they draw 15 boats or 50, this is not a money maker for anybody just some cheap fun. Mike has done the best he can to schedule around other tournaments but like you said there are so many it is almost impossible to schedule around them all.

Brian

that is a great idea in todays economy, good luck and if i can catch one of your t-ments i will fish it, try some this summer when there aint much happening.

fishdoc

Clay , I did the best i could on the schedule for this series. I tried to stay off of Mr. Berrys mainly. When scheduling this next series ill get in touch with you.How much is your entry? Im sure some people from our series will dbl up with you on the 23rd at sinclair. Mike

mike c

mike@ed i understand the confusion that was going on sat. i had no problems with the scales just so everyone will know our fish WERE WEIGHED WITHOUT THE BAG @OTHERS WERE WEIGHED WITH THE BAG which added approx. 1lb. 12oz. to there weight as far as people being penalized at the top we would have won or been 2nd if we had the bag weight i have or will not say it was intentional there was just alot of confusion happening sat @people DIDNOT get there fish weighed the same the money is gone thats no big deal i just feel the points should not be counted for this tournament JUST TO KEEP IT FAIR to everyone who fished im really sorry this happened because i really enjoyed fishing with everyone involved with this trail but you have made your decision @ i respect that im sorry but i cannot fish this or any other trail that i feel is not fair good luck in the furture MIKE COURSEY 770 940 6970

mike c

mark as far as me loosing up i have 4 kids 11 to17 that fish with me from setting on a bank bream @ catfishing to saltwater fishing for sails but when it comes to tournaments im out there to win not come in last (but i have) face it you or anybody else wants to be the one to bring a BIG bag across the stage just to have bragging rights yes i am competitive when it comes to tournaments @ im sorry if that bothers you just the way i am

shoalbass

Don't worry Be Happy. The next tournament I fish I will and mean will throw the BB Booommm and whup all yall on my short and long cast.:rofl:

fishdoc

After further consideration of the events that took place on Saturday with the scales we are not going to count this tourny in our series. This means 0 points will be rewarded for this event. We are now going to be fishing the Best 5- of 7 events not 6- of 8.This decision is soaly based on what I believe is fair ,not on any of our competitors wishes. Thank you for the continued support in our series. I have deffinetly learned a valuable lesson in running these tournys If both your scales fail give back there money and reschedule. This will not happen again. Mike

Marks500

mark as far as me loosing up i have 4 kids 11 to17 that fish with me from setting on a bank bream @ catfishing to saltwater fishing for sails but when it comes to tournaments im out there to win not come in last (but i have) face it you or anybody else wants to be the one to bring a BIG bag across the stage just to have bragging rights yes i am competitive when it comes to tournaments @ im sorry if that bothers you just the way i am

Yeah I understand you are out there to win just like us all. It doesnt bother me you are out there to win, Thats a good thing. I just dont like to see people go that we fish with all the time. Everytime we fish we find out something new and try to make the next one better and fair for all.

Perkins

Somebody tell Big Mike C that this.."@" is an "at" key .not an "and" key:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ::ke: You cant take the country out of the boy..